Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Ylke

ylke
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ylke polycounter lvl 6
Hello, really excited to be taking part in this competition. As I'm currently juggling this challenge with school work, I might be very inconsistent with my updates. Hope to be able to fully complete this challenge.

To start out, I'm currently just sketching out rough ideas before developing out on one of them.
As for the turret designs, I would like to go for something similar to the current League of Legends turrets in the sense of towering warrior.

Turret Sketches:

As for the creep den, there's not really a solid theme currently going on with my sketches, however I wanted to try to keep it grounded in the "forest environment".Thus the sketches of golem,tree hut, mine and buddha palm columns.

Creep Den Sketches:

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Replies

• jenna_dean
    Offline / Send Message
    jenna_dean polycounter lvl 3
    Cool! I like the idea in the 3rd turret on the top with the stone on the staff. Almost looks like a lantern hanging off. :)
  • ylke
    Offline / Send Message
    ylke polycounter lvl 6
    Have been really busy lately so wasn't able to get much done, but here is my current progress.

As for the Creep Den, I have decided to go for the gem rocks concept that I have. Currently still getting the look and color out first before starting on modeling, would like to spend more time at this stage as I want to improve my illustration skill in this challenge.

As for the turret, I went with the second design which I based off the "dark knight" archetype. Currently, I'm still trying to get a better silhouette for the turret, so I might be taking some elements from my other designs during the process. 

Due to the time constraint, I might not create the high poly model for both the turret and environment. As such I plan to approach this by modeling the low poly model straight and instead focusing more time and energy into the texturing portion.