Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Nathan Brandes

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
NateMasterFlash polycounter lvl 12
Going to try and make some cool stuff!

Did some exploratory sketches.  Mostly coming up with towers.  Going to do a few inhibitors and creep dens, then narrow down my choices.

Replies

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    yay! make cool stuff!

I like the fact that you have a lot of variety in your concepts so far. Any you lean towards?
  • NateMasterFlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Elithenia Thanks!  I don't think I'm gonna expand on any of these first sketches.  I've done some research on the lore and different regions and am going for Zaun for with the tower/inhib.

I don't have a super solid idea for the creep den yet but I am leaning towards some sort of ruins.  Right now I am leaning towards "d" below.

First pass at Zaun inhib/tower.  Going to thumbnail them at some point to try to get the style down better.
  • NateMasterFlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Settled on doing an inhibitor and a creep den.  I'm starting to settle on a an Inhibitor design.  Need to readjust the proportions and add more Zaun "flair".
    Creep den ideas.  So far I like the bottom two the most.  I've been trying to get some amount of Zaun influence in the den as well.  Thinking either an abandoned entrance or a waste dump.

• NateMasterFlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rendering out my two favorite creep dens.  
  • NateMasterFlash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have some progress from the last few weeks.  Started blocking out some sketches.  Was a little easier for me than trying to draw some of the overlapping shapes.

Current designs for the inhibitor. I may have gotten carried away with the height.
    Flare in at the top.

Flare out at top.

Creep den blockouts.