Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My very first model, some feedback from you guys would be awesome!

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi all!

Just finished this old Sony tv model and some feedback would be more than welcomed! 

So I tried to keep it pretty lowpoly, did the case, screen, screen edge and back part of the case separate, not sure if that's the best way to do it if you're making say, a game asset. Then I created UVs for everything and sent it to Substance Painter, where I applied some smart materials and a few basic textures. 

and a SketchFab link right here: https://skfb.ly/6urqB

Thanks! :D

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    This turned out pretty nice.  I'd say the only real thing it's missing is some plastic sun damage and edge highlights to make it pop ever a little bit more, but this is strong regardless.
  • Betaknight
    Offline / Send Message
    Betaknight triangle
    Was a nice surprise at the end! Was about to shout "get out of here! that's not your first!" haha!
    This turned out pretty nice.  I'd say the only real thing it's missing is some plastic sun damage and edge highlights to make it pop ever a little bit more, but this is strong regardless.
    I agree with Brian, I would perhaps change the grunges on the screen to a bit less perhaps? Maybe fingerprints or more defined grunges if you know what I mean? If you look at glass nowadays you see all sorts of fingerprints, more like cones if you think about it. 

Keep at it man! Really liking it!