Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Thanksgiving Jinx (WIP)

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MadameDaFunk triangle
Last post added :
(Scroll down to know more )

Welcome and Thank you for stopping by and also thank you Riot for giving people this opportunities
The idea :
When i think about Jinx as a character it’s inevitable for me to wonder: if she has a normal life how could it be ?
Like:
What if she fall in love ?
What if she start to be a mom?
and so on ..
Can you guess the scenarios?
I’m sure you come up with weird or fun stuff too  :D
I will try to portrait  what could happen during a Jinx thanksgiving scenario. 
After scketching a lot those are the 3 main  ideas on composition i have :smile:
AB

C

A : i like the pose and the fact it shows Jinx boldness it also recall the usual pose she has in most of the splash art but in a new point of view  but i'm not sure if the composition is good enough .
B: i like how  grounded is the image but  also i have doubt if it shows the character well 
C: it's good  but it doesn't really feel a thanksgiving  :/ plus is very illustrative but i don't fell  it is  solid enough 
I also want to hear other people what they think so leave a comment below please :dizzy:
and good luck all :D  HAVE FUN :D

Replies

• DavideScalia
    Offline / Send Message
    DavideScalia triangle
    hey! i really like minigun turkey but that's the only think i can perceive of the design from your thumbnails, i would like to see a character concept to have a clearer idea of what's going on. 
    I like the first thumbnail best btw, but i think you could push it by rotating the axis of the image, try to make it more diagonal! 
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    hey!!!!!!!
    thankyou for comment :D
    i have alredy planned the character design , and it was my intention to show it in the next update ,
    however i'm really taking on consideration your advice about rotating the axis , the result is a lot more dinamic indeed !!!
    every point you notice is a step to get better so thank you again :D 
  • Shoobacca
    Heyy I think your idea is really cool! It kind of reminded me of this norman rockwell painting:

I thought it could offer some inspiration!! :D 

GOOD LUCK :D 
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Shhhhh !!!!!  don't Tell anyone  but it  was  one  of  my  main ispiration >.> :smiley:
    Thank You for your  feedback  ill try  to do my Best !!!
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Say Helloooooo to: The Powtathor The juciest Pow Pow Now can throw  one of the main ingriedient  of every  thanksgiving (potatos) !!! (I Will reveal  the  weapons  And The Final design  about Jinx  each  post by themeselves  )these  Little studies  about the design si for You to uderstand  every  choice  i made in The Final peace  !!!
    Till Next post   <3
  • AnthonyAnimation
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Haha, yes! I love any food inspired ideas.
  • DanRobinett
    Offline / Send Message
    DanRobinett triangle
    Love the turkey gun. Can't wait to see it in action! 
  • ZombieCeli
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieCeli polycounter lvl 5
    You know I looked at all the posts in the beginning and loved your idea (but was too shy to comment haha ///) BUT NOW YOU JUST KILLED ME WITH THE TURKEY. PLEASE CONTINUE. (Are the traps little pies? Hahahaha!) Anyways, loving this! <3
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Hi Folks , during these days  i was pretty busy tryng to see if the choices i have made regarding composition are well done , so i spend most of the time settling the line art and (which is not even finished yet , but i ill give a little leak for all of you :wink: ) some stuff are still a little bit off.
    But i have to say that i'm quite ok on what the  process is till now .....
    So the next post will continue to show the character design for the skin but pls have patience :blush: !!!!!!! <3
    let me know what you guys think :D !!!

• MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    You know I looked at all the posts in the beginning and loved your idea (but was too shy to comment haha ///) BUT NOW YOU JUST KILLED ME WITH THE TURKEY. PLEASE CONTINUE. (Are the traps little pies? Hahahaha!) Anyways, loving this! <3

Do  I have Killed you with the turkey!!!?? that was my intention , that weapon went out really well....  i'm impressed :D
    Thank you for the kind words !!!!!
     well i'm getting red allover  my face  :blush: 
    The traps are defenitly the sweetest and  tinyest  pumpkin pies  :smiley: !!!!!

• MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Love the turkey gun. Can't wait to see it in action! 

Hahahaha thank you sir !!!!
    Just 5 minutes and they turkey will be well cocked and ready to shoot :wink:

• MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Haha, yes! I love any food inspired ideas.

Yeah food is pretty great !!!!!..........
    Especially if you throw it to people muahahahahahah !

• MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle

Talking  about the dress design .... 
    Which one you guys like the most ? thoose are pretty rough but i hope it could capture the idea  well !
    i'm now pretty confuse about which one pick , or if it possible doing  some fusion bewtwen all that possibilities (the scarf will be present in every character aniway  that's beacause  it rapresents her long braid , in these skin i want to get the cut of jinx hair pretty short to settle a more elegant and "adult" looking jinx .
    E was my main idea but  i edon't know  anymore >.> let me know it really helps !!!!

• Yangyexin
    Offline / Send Message
    Yangyexin triangle
    Biggest thing to keep in mind is how in every single Jinx skin, she always has clothes that emphasize her scrawny frame and legs(because of her passive she runs a lot and they want to show that off in every skin): The scarf idea is good, but try shortening some of the skirts/dresses perhaps to help you get a better silhouette?
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Yangyexin said:
    Biggest thing to keep in mind is how in every single Jinx skin, she always has clothes that emphasize her scrawny frame and legs(because of her passive she runs a lot and they want to show that off in every skin): The scarf idea is good, but try shortening some of the skirts/dresses perhaps to help you get a better silhouette?

Thank you for the feedback, 
    Yes the dress should be shortened , and this post confirmed that !
    I did the dress longer for the fact that from the point of view of the final splash if the skirt is too short it could be visibile alla the lady parts of jinx  (and i m not a fan of fanservice LOL) !
    But when you comented it it also give me and idea that i will try it and see wha will happen . 
    Ps:
    Not talking about the skirt which desing do you like and why  or what element  do you like the best from all the skin  ? thank you again!!

• Yangyexin
    Offline / Send Message
    Yangyexin triangle
    @MadameDaFunk
    Haha I get what you mean, good you're sticking to more sensible designs. As for which elements I like the best, I'm leaning more toward the top of A and C
  • MadameDaFunk
  • osvaldo_pasillas
    F and G are my favorites so far!! keep going!
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle

So it's been a while but i had a little break from this piece here !!! i'm continuing fixing and pushing the B e W composition step by step ! now it just matter of patience and let things come up with theme selves . i also never push  so much in term of details and smoothness so it's kind of new for me too !!! next post i hope will be the B e W final !!! bye :dizzy:
  • MadameDaFunk
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle

still need few changes but I feel like i have enough information to go color :smile: Bye Bye Folks  hope everyone finish in time :smile:<3
  • Madkey
    Offline / Send Message
    Madkey triangle
    Love the chicken weapon hahaha Keep it up! :)
  • Mariah22
    Offline / Send Message
    Mariah22 triangle
    So coll, I'm excited to see how this will end!
  • ZombieCeli
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieCeli polycounter lvl 5
    Will you still finish it? Would love to see the end result! <3 You rock <3