Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Environment Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] - Alexander Filip (Creep den (mine) and Turret(Ionia))

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Foorger polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone!
This is the first time I've posted anything on Polycount as well as participating in the competition. I've seen some struggles over the Piltover theme so I've decided to decorate the turret / inhibitor in Ionian style. Hopefully, It'll go well. 

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• flushyfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flushyfish null
    I love the choice of Ionia, can't wait to see what designs you make!
  • Foorger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you flushyfish. I did some eraly sketching today and here are some of the options. I'm still not sure which style would fit the best. Personally, the second and the third are the ones I like the most, but the third one looks more like an inhibitor than a turret.

I'm sure I want to go with curved spiky shapes, arcane style and a large crystal as the ,,power module". :D 

As I said, these are only the early sketches and there is definitely a lot to work on, I just wanted to put images out of my mind onto the paper (and also post something here). 
  • Foorger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allright, I've basically settled down on the final design. I did some research on the existing LoL turrets and this one fits their style the best. This is the last sketch I'm posting here. Some areas of the turret still need to be worked on but all of it will be done in 3D. There is a lot of hard-surface modeling as well as sculpting ahead of me so wish me luck. 

• Foorger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone! I made a small pause with the turret but continued on with the creep den. I've decided to place it close to Baron as you can see on the minimap. These are my concepts which will be the base for the actual model. ...And the actual model. ...