Home Adobe Substance

Error logs in Substance Painter during and after baking textures

kevingamerartist
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,

So I don't know what these error logs are referring to exactly in Substance Painter:

[Baking] Baking failed (Color Map from Mesh)
Could not find vertex colors
[Baking] Baking failed

So I researched a little into what could be causing this issue, but I don't know if it's because I need to reduce the polycount on my low or high poly mesh, something that I need to do in Maya, or if it's being caused by something else. Or is it just saying that it can't find any color on my mesh because I haven't painted it yet?

Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    The error message has nothing to do with the polycount of your mesh. As the message explain, you tried to bake a color map (probably the ID map) with as input the vertex color, however the baker is unable to find them.
    Are you sure you exported vertex colors on the mesh you are trying to bake ?
  • kevingamerartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kevingamerartist polycounter lvl 6
    @Froyok do you mean in the bake settings in Substance Painter? I just checked the "ID" section of the Bake textures window, and the Color Source section is set to "Mesh ID". The Color Generator section is set to "Random", unless that needs to be changed, or if I need to set the Color Source to a different setting.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    You get the error mentioned above if you set your settings to "Mesh ID" ?
  • enya970
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    enya970 null
    I'm having the same issue! I've looked for help online via tutorials and forums and nothing has helped... I'm exporting my mesh from 3DS Max, I'm entering the correct export features (as far as I'm aware), I've assigned material ID's to both the low and high poly yet there is still an issue when trying to bake in Substance Painter... Not a single map is baking correctly, any help would be appreciated 
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    enya970 said:
    I'm having the same issue! I've looked for help online via tutorials and forums and nothing has helped... I'm exporting my mesh from 3DS Max, I'm entering the correct export features (as far as I'm aware), I've assigned material ID's to both the low and high poly yet there is still an issue when trying to bake in Substance Painter... Not a single map is baking correctly, any help would be appreciated 
    This sounds like a different issue, please make a dedicated thread. This will be easier to follow up for us.