Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking for 2D Art Teacher (PAID)

Garasin
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Garasin polycounter lvl 10
Hello,

I'm a full time 3D environment artist looking to improve my drawing ability, looking for a tutor who can teach me via skype. This is a paid role.

Please e-mail me (christopherwaynereid@gmail.com) if you're interested!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    What are you interested in learning and improving?
    What would the extent be of a session in terms of time and exercise/teaching? 
    What is your current level? :)
  • Garasin
    Offline / Send Message
    Garasin polycounter lvl 10
    Elithenia said:
    What are you interested in learning and improving?
    What would the extent be of a session in terms of time and exercise/teaching? 
    What is your current level? :)
    Hey, thanks for responding.

Interested in improving my fundamentals (especially perspective drawing), focusing on understanding and deliberate practice. I've been studying from drawabox.com recently and that has been a great help and I like that very focused and deliberate style of learning. 

Ideally I'm looking for assignment based work w/ critique and guidance along the way. I would say I'm still a beginner but I feel like I'm on way to understanding things and now it's a case of picking up on my weak spots and tackling them head on with the help of an experienced eye.
  • Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    There's a lot of information out there on the fundamentals and perspective drawing. 
    Why do you want a teacher?
    You would be able to pick up a few tutorials here and there, set some home work to challenge yourself, then post your work up here on polycount to get some feedback. 
    I would say that posting your work here would be better, as you would get many teachers, each with their own expertise rather than just one...
    if it is accountability to do the exercises... you will need to find your discipline and motivation to do this yourself, as ultimately, no one else will push you to your dreams.

As an artist, you might already know some of your weak spots, and you might want to ask for specific help or tasks regarding how to be better at those. But most of the time you will find that the artists are out there improving their own work, and might only have time to offer some feedback every now and then on the forums.

You might also want to start a sketchbook in here, and start posting your work. Or post some of your practices, exercises and previous work here so that we would be able to see what you've done so far, and what we can help you with.

I've helped people before with what to work with etc, and I would be able to sit with you to come up with a course plan or something similar, and the occasional hint and tip regarding what to think about or how to do it.. but I doubt I'd have time to take up a student at the moment.