Home Technical Talk

Maxivz's Interactive Tools for Max

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
maxivz interpolator
Hi guys, I have been playing with some maxscript to automate some stuff that I usually use and decided to share it here, maybe somebody will find it useful.
The scripts are tested in Max 2015 so I don't know if they will work in all max versions.

Interactive Tools:
Collection of tools that do different actions when modifier keys are pressed (ctrl, shift, alt). 
Plane:
None:
Divisions
Alt:
-
Ctrl:
Size
Shift:
Size (lower increment)
Alt+ Ctrl + Click:
Align to axis
First Left Click: Place object
Left Click: Accept
Right Click: Cancel

Box:
None: Divisions
Alt: 
-
Ctrl: 
Size
Shift: 
Size (lower increment)
Alt+ Ctrl + Click: 
Align to axis
First Left Click: Place object

Cylinder:
None: Segments +1
Alt: 
Height
Ctrl: 
Radius
Shift: 
Segments +2
Alt+ Ctrl + Click: Align to axis
First Left Click: Place Obj

QuadSphere:
None: Segments
Ctrl: Size
Shift:
Slower Size
Alt+ Ctrl + Click: Align to axis
First Left Click: Place Obj

Chamfer:
None: Amount
Ctrl: Segments
Shift: 
Amount, slower increase
Alt: Tension
First Left Click: Start Tool

Bevel:
None: Height
Ctrl: Inset
Ctrl Shift: Inset, slower increase, snaps to 0 if value is < 0.2
Shift: 
Extrude slower increase, snaps to 0 if value is < 0.2
Alt: Modes

Interactive Quad Chamfer Modifier:
Note: 
This requiers the Quad Chamfer Modifier by Marius in order to work, this is just an interface to make working with it easier, dont expect a quad chamfer modifier out of this without Marius tool.
None: Amount
Shift: 
Amount, slower increase
Alt: Tension
You can edit the results if you run the script again as it controls the modifier

Interactive Symmetry Modifier:
How it works: 
If you select a face it will align the symmetry axis to the face normal. If you have an edge or vert selection it will try to guess the direction and plane of the symmetry based on the distance of the selection to a face you click in the object
None: Change Symmetry Axis
Ctrl: Change Direction of the symmetry

Interactive Shell Modifier:
None: Change Symmetry Axis
Shift: Slower Increment
Alt: Mode (Single/Double Sided)
You can edit the results if you run the script again as it controls the modifier

Interactive Set Cylindrical Sides:
Select a loop, run it and make a click to active the tool. It will try to guess the axis of the lathe for you.
Requires the pivot to be in the center of cylinder to produce good results.
None: Segments
Shift: Segments + 2
Alt: Change Axis

Smart Pivot:
Make a selection and run it, it will center the pivot to your selection. 

Smart Align:
Works based on whats under your cursor when you run it. If you are close to an Axis It will center it to that axis. If there's an object under your cursor you can click it and the Align Dialog will pop up 

Smart Rotate (Positive and Negative):
Works based on the direction of the normal under your cursor, rotating the object 45 degrees in the plane the object normal is pointing at. Only works for the X,Y and Z Plane

Fix Fucked Meshes:
Combination of to mesh, to poly and resetXform modifier combined in one macro.

Context Sensitive Bevel:
Calls my interactive chamfer if its in vertex, edge or borer mode. If it is in the face or element mode it will call the face bevel script. 
If you select an edge or vert on an editable spline it will start the fillet tool. A click is required afterwards to active it.

Paint Selection Mode:
Switches between paint selection with ignore backfacing on and square selection without  ignore backfacing.

Installation:
Check the readme file in the download

Download:  Here

Replies

• Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    Always nice to see another maxscripter. As you say you're okay with suggestions, here are a few:

if selection.count == 1 and isKindOf $ Editable_poly do -- check if the selection is valid
    (
    local obj = selection[1]
    polyop.createShape obj #selection name:(uniqueName "Lathe") -- don't assign the same name all the time

local faces = polyop.getFacesUsingEdge obj #selection
    local element = polyop.getElementsUsingFace obj faces
    local elementVerts = polyop.getVertsUsingFace obj element

local elementCenter = [0, 0, 0] -- init the value to zero pos
    for vert in elementVerts do elementCenter += polyop.getVert obj vert -- add all the verts' positions
    elementCenter /= elementVerts.numberSet -- divide by their count

local profile = objects[objects.count] -- last created object, better than using names
    profile.pivot = elementCenter
    select profile
    modPanel.addModToSelection (Lathe axis:(matrix3 1)) -- use z-up by default, as that's the most common axis
    )

• maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey @Swordslayer, thanks a lot for the suggestions! That solves faster to what I already had :) . I was really looking forward to check if the selection was valid before executing the actions but i didn't know how. 
    Is there a special reason why you use local profile instead of $ for selecting the actual object?
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    maxivz said:
    Is there a special reason why you use local profile instead of $ for selecting the actual object?
    $ can be a reference to an object or an array while selection guarantees an array. Also its just neater for anyone else looking at your code. If i see selection[1] I can assume you are just grabbing the first in the selection list. I generally mess about with $ if I'm doing stuff in the listener.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I have been playing around some more these last days. I am trying to create some tool controls that feel a bit more intuitive  and "flow" a bit more if that makes any sense.
    The idea is to move the mouse to the sides along with modifier keys to change values. I will add them to the main thread one I am done with them. Anyways, here's what I have:
    Cylinder creation:

Inset:

Chamfer:

• Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    Looks good, does it hijack the edit_poly/editable_poly chamfer mode as soon as it's activated or is it a separate tool? Made something similar (user customizable and working for any mode and any property of any primitive as well), though controlled by scrolling instead, which is great for fixed-step inputs like segments or angles but not so good for stuff that's in world units.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey @Swordslayer  I am using mouse Tools for this, for the bevel and chamfer I am entering the preview mode, modifying the values and then applying them. For the cylinder I am changing its properties, I want to make the same for some other primitives.
    Next I want to try to capture keyboard input so it allows you to input numbers in case you need a bit more precision.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Haha! You have no idea how much I've wanted interactive chamfering for so long. I've even raised it on the beta forums. :) will gladly donate for this.
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    So a separate tool. Too lazy to do that since it would mean I'd have to do multiple ones instead of catching the current mode. As a side note, I only see one gif, the chamfer one.
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    musashidan man, you should have asked here and raise support from users instead :) What do you think about using scrollwheel btw?
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    @musashidan Yeah I have wanted one for a long time as well! So I decided to see if I could make it myself
    @Swordslayer Fixed the gifs! Yeah, they are separate tools. Catching the current mode does sound really interesting. Using the scrollwheel sounds like a good idea as well!
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    @maxivz using keyboard input sounds interesting as well, might just as well give it some thought, too
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Oh my God yes, this would be super neat! Loving the idea of mouse/keyboard-based mesh operations. Detecting SO modes like with Perna's script would be useful too, where it decides whether to chamfer/inset depending on what's selected. Keep up with the cool work Maxivz!
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan man, you should have asked here and raise support from users instead :) What do you think about using scrollwheel btw?
    @Swordslayer yes, I've added it to the ideas board a while back but only received 4 votes. :( Here's a link for anyone that wants to vote for it. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/interactive-modeling-tools/idi-p/7126745

I would highly encourage every Max user to use this vehicle to get what we, the users, want into Max. It's a fact that top voted ideas are being implemented.

Scroll wheel or modifiers keys would both work well.

• Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    @musashidan voted - though the description is a bit too vague, maybe that's why. Also, while I like optional interactivity (like scrolling or ctrl/alt/shift+dragging), I wouldn't like the bevel-style approach where you have to go through all the steps all the time. Ideas with images and examples from other softwares are more likely to get some attention in my experience.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    @swordslayer I think you may be right. :) I'll update the idea. And add some image examples from Zbrush/Blender. Do you have any suggestions for a better description? Your tech artist skills might get us more votes. ;)
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I have updated the main thread with the tools. I will start playing with the same idea for some modifiers now.
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    Definitely check manipulators as well, those ar extremely useful and underused as well.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Will surely do!
  • Swordslayer
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    Btw. a very good example of manipulators done right are the ones used with the TextPlus object - I think many people don't even realize those are manipulators and that you can script basically the same thing for anything from primitives to modifiers :smile:
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    This is fantastic work! Thanks for making it available.  Gonna test it asap. Particularly loving the context sensitivity. This is long overdue in Max. Sensible, modern tools by artists-for artists. 
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    Just donated. :) The chamfer tool couldn't be more perfect to what I've always wanted in Max. Brilliant tool! The context sensitive bevel/chamfer works so well. And the modes and fillet spline vert are really nice touches. I will get so much use out of these tools and the interactive cylinder in my hard-surface workflow.

Up till now I've been using a collection of my crappy macros that applied different chamfer settings.(which I've just gladly deleted) Sometimes I wish my brain was suited to programming..... :)

Now all I need is a function to tap spacebar to cycle through transforms like UE4 and I will be a very happy modeler. :) Thanks man.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I am very glad you are linking the tools and thanks a lot for the donation :)! If you have any ideas please let me know and maybe I can integrate them into these tools, or new ones.
    I am going to make some more tools to handle some of my most used modifiers now(symmetry, turbosmooth, shell, itoo's clone tool).
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I have been working on the shell tool. Works pretty much as the other ones. It also allows you to modify an existing shell modifier and you can cancel any changes you make if you right click.
    Will release it once I have a couple more tools in
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    You're a witch and you should burn...after you finish those tools of course. 
  • ZombieWells
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
    Is there a way to combine this with auto grid? Also on my wish list is to not have to grab the move gizmo but instead move by draging in screen space with something like "shift" to lock the axis. Anyhow, this script is super rad man!!!! Awesome work!!! Donated too ;) 
  • Revel
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    @musashidan - about the transform cycle is kinda easy and I use this as well.
    (
    	case toolmode.commandmode of
    	(
    		#select:  max move
    		#move: max rotate
    		#rotate: max scale
    		#uscale: max move
    		#nuscale: max move
    	)
    )<br>
    Just put it in a macroscript and bind to a single shortcut key and be happy.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    @ZombieWells I never use the auto grid myself but it sounds like a good idea, im going to look into it
    I have been working on a symmetry tool that tries to predict the axis and position of the desired symmetry. It works using the selected edge, face or vert as the mirror position and the distance to the face you click on to define direction and axis.
    You can still modify it with ctrl and mouse scrolls afterwards.

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    @Revel Brilliant! Thanks gonna try it now.

@maxivz Really liking where you're going with the Symmetry mod. It would be great to have a mirror mode in Max as well as Symmetry mod. Although it's a great mod I wish it behaved more like Zbrush Mirror and weld in that it doesn't leave remnants of the original and can't select centre verts - when working in a stack with show end result on -  but just deletes half the mesh before mirrorring. Having to delete half the mesh before Symmetry mod is a pain.

Have you seen Zbrushes interactive edgeloop tool? This would work really well with your implementation. A universal swiftloop/connect hybrid tool that could insert multiple edgeloops interactively with spacing/sliding/pinch/snap to edgering centre/etc.

Also, an interactive primitive tool bound to a single hotkey with 2 levels of interactivity: first level switches between box/plane/cylinder/etc ; second level works as your primitive tools above. 

Great work.

• Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Maxi are you secretly Jesus? That symm tool is looking godly. 
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Glad you guys are liking the tool. I have been working on odd angled symmetries. Now if you select a face and run the tool it will mirror in the faces normal direction.
    @musashidan I am not quite getting it. I personally find myself using symmetry all the time in max and I almost never delete half the part I never use. Could you elaborate a bit more?
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    I can relate to musahi's opinion. In my case, I find it faster to apply a symmetry with a hotkey, visualize how it's looking with the other half, and remove the modifier with a hotkey...rather than apply the modifier, leave it, and whenever you come back to the object you'll have to first click the Editable Poly in the stack (because by default you'll be in whatever's on top) THEN select your SO to keep modeling.

Note: I currently use three hotkeys for my Symm mod, whereas each one will apply the mod in a different axis. It's not so bad because they're inside my "axis-specific functions" XYZ hotkeys which are in my logitech mouse, but a tool like this could potentially do what those three keys do (and more). 

Some people have gotten around this by modifying how their SO hotkeys work. Don't quote me on this, but I believe Perna uses a script that'll first go to the bottom of the stack to the EditablePoly, THEN switch to a SO level, so as to save those extra clicks. The problem with this is that you're limiting your SO keys to just go there, instead of whatever modifier you have on top of your stack that you may want to select a SO normally. For example, sometimes I want to access the FFD box or Symmetry plane SOs, but for these I'd have to go into the stack and manually click twice.

Anyway, that third paragraph got off-topic. I guess it all comes down to saving a few clicks and stress-relieving your fingers, which some people get more into than others. 

I'm really liking your idea of applying the Symm mod on a Face normal; the more uses I can give a single tool the better!
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey guys, I have updated the main post with the added features, V2 is out now. I will continue working on more scripts and update once I have something.
    Thanks for the detailed explanation @Justo, I have some custom SO hotkeys as well that take you to the lowest level on the stack, I have been working in adding the ability to switch between the stack if you are in the same selection mode and hit the key several times.
  • airbrush
    Offline / Send Message
    airbrush polycounter lvl 13
    Great scripts....one comment on the chamfer script...the lowest chamfer setting of 1 always creates an extra loop in between the chamfer where the default max chamfer setting of 1 doesnt....sometimes you may want chamfer without the extra loop(or maybe you changed this in v2? havent installed yet)

thx
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey @airbrush I have fixed that along with a couple of bugs and uploaded a new version.
    I also included a small paint selection toggle along with small changes to the bevel tool
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    @maxivz sorry man, I explained it poorly. As an example: create a 6-sided box, apply symmetry mod, go down to base level and work with show end result.

Because there was no centreline edge loop the verts don't really exist even though a centreline has been added by symm mod, and can't be selected. Also, notice the cage behaviour.  Now when you disable symm mod the original box is obviously still there. What I meant is that it would be great if the symm mod sliced that centreline and deleted the other half, creating those verts.
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    I agree with musashidan, that would be amazing. 

By the way, I just noticed the primitive creation scripts create the primitive with a pitch-black material, unlike your GIFs. Am I missing something? (using Max 2015 too)

Lastly, just to confirm, the Context Sensitive Bevel or any of the chamfer tools are not compatible with Edit Poly, right? When I use it, error pops up saying something about not being able to initialize Preview. 
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    @Justo I am using Pen's auto material to auto assign materials on creation (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/pen-auto-material). I will check that problem out, I gave up on using edit poly modifiers a long time ago :P
    @musashidan Thanks for the new explanation. I will see what I can do, deleting half of the mesh can be destructive, what I could do however is add slice modifier underneath the symmetry,  so it makes a loop in there and you have that extra edge in there and it wont be destructive.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    @maxivz yes, slice plane before symm is what I had in mind. In the last 2 days I have started to mess around with Blender(what a great piece of software) and I came across this addon: AutoMirror. It does exactly what I'm talking about. And it does it really well. Here's a vid that explains it better than me.....even though it's in French. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzncNeBlIs&amp;t=435s

• Dash-POWER
    Offline / Send Message
    Dash-POWER polycounter lvl 6
    Cool tools. Thank you for sharing. :smile: Are you planning to use also vertical axis to map antoher mouse control input? ZModeller is using two axis if you have enabled interactive mode and it works also really well.
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    Was just going to ask the same as @Dash-POWER :)

Also, anyone know why my GIF is displaying at double res? It's direct linked from Imgur.

• Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    I still think the Context Sensitive Bevel is so so powerful, maybe the best script here. I just wish it was usable with Edit Poly too. 
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey guys, sorry for not being very active lately, I have been quite busy.
    I dont have any plans to add vertical support to it for now, but I will defently look into making the tools work in edit poly mode a well
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey @Justo, I managed to make some time this weekend and I made the bevel tool work in the edit poly modifier mod, please let me know if theres any problem with it. I have updated the gumroad file.
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    Truly a god among men Maxi...I'll be trying this right now as I sip my morning coffee. 
  • Justo
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    @maxivz So far I haven't met any crashes with the tool or hiccups (the Symmetry tool for instance sometimes would just refuse to start up) nor when using it on the Edit Poly. I'll be testing it all throughout the week though, so if I find anything wrong I'll tell you about it. 

Having said that, there is one small problem when using this in less-than-ideal scales. With cubes of 10 cm size, the steps when increasing the size will go crazy big since I assume they're locked to a certain number and can't adjust to the scale of the object. The workaround is to create big cubes, like 2500 cm, scale them down to the 10cm range and work on that without resetting XForm. In both cases the yellow HUD disappears too. This can be annoying when working in the scale of imported ZBrush models for example. 

But hey, I'm just being nitpicky. So far this is amazing, and I love the idea of getting rid of caddies and panels :) It also seems to work fine in 2017. 

• maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Hey Justo, i'm going to take a look into using the objects scale to drive the tools, instead of an arbitrary value. Thanks for the report! I will eventually fix the rest of the tools to work in edit poly and eventually add new tools.
    If you have any ideas of what might be useful please let me know.
  • OccultMonk
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    I made something similar a while back, but this is a really nice implementation.

But if I select an existing Box, Cylinder... and run the script shouldn't it change the settings of the selected object instead of creating a new one? Also, autogrid for creating and placing new objects on surfaces does not seem to work with these scripts.
  • maxivz
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    I made something similar a while back, but this is a really nice implementation.

But if I select an existing Box, Cylinder... and run the script shouldn't it change the settings of the selected object instead of creating a new one? Also, autogrid for creating and placing new objects on surfaces does not seem to work with these scripts.
    Hey, sorry for the late reply I havent been around very much laterly. At the moment the scripts dont have any support for editing existing primitives, they dont support autogrid either.
    Cheers!
  • FishMan
    Offline / Send Message
    FishMan polycounter lvl 11
    Hi. Just found your scripts on gumroad and decied to write a feedback. 

Your scripits works only in newer versions of max?
    I mean for 3ds max 2013 when Im trying to use  "ContextSensitiveBevel" on edge I've got this:

Could you do something to improve compatibility?

And of course InteractiveQuadChamferMod doesn't work at all, because there are no Quad Chamfer in max 2013.

Also I tried your creation methods and I dont like them, from my perspective they are worse than standard. I can't see any advantages why anyone should use them.

Here are the reasons:
    1)  InteractiveBox:
    • creates only cubes, which is in most cases not what you need, in most caces you need some specific dimentions for a box. I usually use snapping to create a box which has a specific sizes, when I need it to fit in some hole for example. In standard method for comparison I can hold Ctrl if I want a square base, but It will not allow me to create a cube, which is a shame as well;
    • adding Divisions for a box is pretty much useless feature. I can't even remember a last time when I used it. Usually I want to get rid of it, rather than actually use it;
    • does not support autogrid creation method;

2)  InteractivePlane:
    • same problem here. Creates only squares. In standard method I can just hold Ctrl if I want a square plane;
    • adding Divisions again is an opposite - an unwanted feature. I don't know who decided to set 4x4 divisions by defauit in 3ds max, but I hope this person wll burn in hell for this. Usually I just drop this divisions settings to one (and yeah I do it every single time thats why I want this person to suffer) adding divisions to a plane for me is really rare;
    • doesn't support autogrid creation method;

3) InteractiveCylinder:
    • creation starts from a selection of amount of sides. Not from radius like it suppose to. I think it should be an opposite: left click begin creation process from a selection of radius and ctrl can be used to ajust the amount of sides.
    • when you adjusting the height it seems like it using an object's center as a pivot, which is not a good choice, because usually, when you create cylinder you want it to stand on something and then decide how high it should be. Also I was expecting "shift" key for adjusting the height, it seems more logical to me, but it can be just me.
    • doesn't support autogrid creation method;

4) InteractiveQuadSphere:
    • again creation starts from a selection of amount of sides. Not from radius like it suppose to. I think it should be an opposite: left click begin creation process from a selection of radius and ctrl can be used to ajust the amount of sides.
    • this could be a really cool thing which I might even use sometimes if only not a small nuance that spoils everything. Here is the thing: when you use spherify modifier on divided box you're getting a not even topology. Personally I prefer subdivide a box (using turbosmooth for example) and then add spherify modifier. The problem with this method is that you can't actually select the amount of segments, their number will always be a multiple of 4.
    Here is a difference in toplogy (left using turbosmooth and then spherify, right was created using your method):

So the overall problem for your creation process is that it suppose to going on in some vacuum, like creating objects for sake of creating objects. While in real modleing process usually every object u're creating has its purpose. Standard methods allow objects serve this purpose quicker, while your methods imply tonn of manual work before object will be in its place with the right size and will begin to perform the function that you planned for it. For example when you create a cylinder in many cases you want to stand it on some surface, which is why you want to use autogrid, boxes very often can be used as an operands for a boolean or etc, which is why you dont want them to have the same dimentions, etc blah blah blah. Which is why standard methods have a lot of advantages over yours.

Some thoughts about other instruments:
    InteractiveSetCylindricalObjectSides is really cool thingy. I was doing it manually before, but having an automated tool is really nice. The only negative thing here is that selecting the axis is really clunky. Also old object stays and obstructs everything, you clould hide it while the tool is ative, unhide if user canceled the operation and delete if user accepted the operation. Also I prefer when you hold "shift" it will not just add 2 to the current value, but makes the number even like 2,4,8 etc.

InteractiveShellMod is cool. I might even use it.

InteractiveVertChamfer - have nothing to say here. never used chamfer on vertexes.

PaintSelectionMode seems like not checking if I have any object (a assume Editable/Edit Poly/Mesh) selected, because if you click on this funtion without any object selected you've got this:

Or maybe it's because of max 2013, I dunno. Can't check for sure, because your scripts are encrypted (never understood why people use encryption for such a small and free scripts).

InteractiveSymmetryMod - all I can say that its usable.

Smart Align - not very usefull. If I want object in world zero I use this small script:
    macroScript Mesh2Zero
    	category:"Custom"
    	internalCategory:"Custom" 
    	tooltip:"Move mesh to world zero"
    	ButtonText:"Mesh2Zero" 
    	autoUndoEnabled:true
    (
    	if  selection.count>=1 do
    	(
    		$.pos = [0,0,0]			
    	)
    )

If i want object in world zero using only one or two axis I can just right click on those arrows:

If i need align tool I can just call it using default Alt+A. So yeah. There are no point in using Smart Align.

SmartFixedRotationPositive and SmartFixedRotationNegative seems like don't work in max 2013, I've got this when I press on it:

SmartPivot - can be used in some cases.

Thanks.
  • Aga22
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    great work, these should be default in max. send an email to autodesk and tell them you are for sale ,lol!