• joker187
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Um what am I even looking at here?
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • Swizzle
  • Deforges
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11

Hi Joker187

I have a qUstion. What do u use to make images? cool stuff! B)B)B)
  • zachagreg
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    This is magic in the making.
  • Fansub
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    This might not be the Polycount we need, but it is the Polycount we deserve.
  • heyeye
  • Mad_Llama
    Offline / Send Message
    Mad_Llama polycounter lvl 6
    Front page, worth it :) Keep up the great work man
  • Bruno Afonseca
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    my original though was this guy used this thread as an image hoster for all sorts of random stuff, but unfortunately thats not the case :S
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I didn't realize he also did 2D.

• [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ruflse
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruflse polycounter lvl 6
    I'm with Teriyaki, this kind of stuff shouldn't be in the front page.
    But man, that's some dedication to shitposting.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Front page... smh

There's so much distraction and time wasting discussion in PC do we have to celebrate it?  People need critique and projects need to get done.  

Waste of bandwidth.
    agreed. this should not be on the frontpage, first of its kind of mean, (though Im not sure we care about OPS feelings at this point). but more importantly it encourages funny/shitty posts more then we already have with all the random threads from the general section lately.
  • Deforges
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet said:
    Front page... smh

There's so much distraction and time wasting discussion in PC do we have to celebrate it?  People need critique and projects need to get done.  

Waste of bandwidth.
    agreed. this should not be on the frontpage, first of its kind of mean, (though Im not sure we care about OPS feelings at this point). but more importantly it encourages funny/shitty posts more then we already have with all the random threads from the general section lately.
    I think it would be mean to tell someone their work is too shit to be posted on here. What's the point of art? to some it is to entertain. His work entertains me. I don't think allowing him to post what he's created will start an avalanche of shitposts - it's up to a site admin to determine if it's a nuisance because of bandwidth.

As someone who has had to review applications for art internships at my company, I can tell you that this kind of work is VERY common. Some people just really enjoy being creative even if others do not feel they are good at it. If he enjoys posting his work, and I enjoy looking at it, what is the conflict?
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • joker187
  • Sunray
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
  • joker187
    Offline / Send Message
    joker187 polycounter lvl 4
  • Lilium
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium triangle
    Deforges said:
    lotet said:
    Front page... smh

Waste of bandwidth.
    I think it would be mean to tell someone their work is too shit to be posted on here. What's the point of art? to some it is to entertain. His work entertains me. I don't think allowing him to post what he's created will start an avalanche of shitposts - it's up to a site admin to determine if it's a nuisance because of bandwidth.

As someone who has had to review applications for art internships at my company, I can tell you that this kind of work is VERY common. Some people just really enjoy being creative even if others do not feel they are good at it. If he enjoys posting his work, and I enjoy looking at it, what is the conflict?
    He's a troll. I'm a real noob who really need critique and feedback to improve and front page is ideal for that. Agreeing with his ways is agreeing for more of that "shit posting". I mean if it's the way to go to have everybody's attention, I'll do it myself! Low quality and a shitload of stuff.  It's already hard to have real feedback here, seriously.  Why encouraging that?
  • Deforges
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium said:
    Deforges said:
    lotet said:
    Front page... smh

Waste of bandwidth.

He's a troll. I'm a real noob who really need critique and feedback to improve and front page is ideal for that. Agreeing with his ways is agreeing for more of that "shit posting". I mean if it's the way to go to have everybody's attention, I'll do it myself! Low quality and a shitload of stuff.  It's already hard to have real feedback here, seriously.  Why encouraging that?
    Look at his other threads, the amount of work and time that went into drawing, making the 3d stuff, photoshopping stuff, I mean what he's shown takes time. What's the troll? "I spent over 50 hours intentionally making stuff to annoy you."??

If you decided to make a bunch of low quality stuff purposefully, I am extremely skeptical that you would be able to create the volume of work that joker has created without getting bored after after two hours.
  • garcellano
  • ericktjoe
    Offline / Send Message
    ericktjoe polycounter lvl 4
    8/10 for effort. Only need proper guidance.
  • tristamus
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    Deforges said:
    lotet said:
    Front page... smh

Waste of bandwidth.

Very well said.

And I seriously love the effort. You all laugh now, but just wait...If this person keeps up the volume of work / output, 10 years down the line, their work could rival your own.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Offline / Send Message
    fuzzzzzz polycounter lvl 5
    sick. is it a post to showcase what an artist should never produce ?
    it's a shame when you see a topic of mine, which was a Zbrush plugin, has never reached the monthly recap or the news feed, and if the admin at polycount encourage humiliation/harassment or such behaviors, the ending begins for this community.

• Grey_Rift
    Offline / Send Message
    Grey_Rift polycounter lvl 11
    tristamus said:
    Deforges said:
    lotet said:
    Front page... smh

Waste of bandwidth.

Very well said. 

And I seriously love the effort. You all laugh now, but just wait...If this person keeps up the volume of work / output, 10 years down the line, their work could rival your own.
    The conflict is it is lowering the standard of polycount. If everybody with work like this would get to the front page this forum would not be the same anymore. This is a forum where we reach for quality and it requires years of hard work. I have nothing against the guy posting Hell he should post even more keep on going untill he reaches the quality and he deserves to be on the front page together with the other who years on honing their craft.

@tristamus
    Then he should be in 10 years on the front page and not now. Else the reward of being on the front page is just like participation trophy which takes away all value.
  • Deforges
    Offline / Send Message
    Grey_Rift said:
    tristamus said:
    Deforges said:
    lotet said:
    Front page... smh

Waste of bandwidth.

Very well said. 

The conflict is it is lowering the standard of polycount. If everybody with work like this would get to the front page this forum would not be the same anymore. This is a forum where we reach for quality and it requires years of hard work. I have nothing against the guy posting Hell he should post even more keep on going untill he reaches the quality and he deserves to be on the front page together with the other who years on honing their craft.

@tristamus
    Then he should be in 10 years on the front page and not now. Else the reward of being on the front page is just like participation trophy which takes away all value.

I don't understand the sentiment that anyone else's work would affect the quality of your own. There is not going to be some atlas shrugged exodus of artists because someone's work was featured and you didn't like it. Polycount is one of the ONLY places, and is the BEST place for game artists to receive feedback. I remember posting terrible shit back in the nextgenhardsurface forums, which is now gone, but I can promise you it was not because my shitty projects brought the site down.

Some others brought up a point ultimately displaying jealousy - They want to be on the front page and are upset that joker made it there. Making stuff for the purpose of attention is not a good way to get better. The people who made it the front page enjoy challenging & educating themselves and growing as an artist. They do that by producing work, lots of it (like joker is doing) and learning a bit with each work they produce.

Maybe Joker got featured because he has produced a ton of volume and an admin thought he deserved to be in a spotlight to receive feedback. Regardless, if you are upset at this thread or it being featured because your own work has not, you need to step back and realize you're being insecure. If you think you should be the ultimate judge for the quality of polycount, instead of your own work, then I will PM you asking your permission to post next time. 
  • TudorMorris
    Offline / Send Message
    TudorMorris polycounter
    Strong work in here! Personally I'd recommend toning down a little bit on the realism, I know that everyone strives for it these days, but the over-polished look that you've got here is killing some of your pieces as there isn't a clear focal point in some of them.

That's pretty nit-picky I know, but it's the only real crit I have to offer. You could perhaps try some more post processing stuff to really boost your already strong painting skills - maybe some lens flare or chromatic aberration would go down a treat.

What brushes do you use btw?
  • Dash-POWER
    Offline / Send Message
    Dash-POWER polycounter lvl 6
    I've just seen probably the best cesspool thread on the polycount. On the other hand the guy has different kind of imagination which in some (special) cases could be useful if you are working on some title like Hatred or similar stuff. As crazy fast drug concept art it's good.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Offline / Send Message
    deforges > jealous me, ? i just point bad functioning, this is not the content i am waiting for when i visit polycount.
    angry, maybe, and this post just make me more angry again.
    I am not talking about me only, i see dozen of tools posted by the community and none has ever reached the front page, polycount is out of his role here.
    many friends of me which works for the industry told me to not post to get feedback on polycount, they say people here are elitist and arrogant, i told them it's wrong and there is still good people here, i know polycount till the beginning when they join the wavelength portal (1998/1999).
    sadly it's the first time i must to agree with what my friends.
  • Deforges
    Offline / Send Message
    >it's a shame when you see a topic of mine, which was a Zbrush plugin, has never reached the monthly recap or the news feed, and if the admin at polycount encourage humiliation/harassment or such behaviors, the ending begins for this community.

You directly relate a topic of yours not making the front page or recap and this thread making it as shameful.

in your tool thread you also say
    >"just to say that ~400 views on the topic but just one person who has replied, it doesn't help to get motivated "

which tells me you are primarily motivated through the attention you receive instead of the merits of your own work. Joker is receiving a lot of attention now and I only put two and two together, if I'm wrong I apologize.

This coupled with Lilium's post "I mean if it's the way to go to have everybody's attention, I'll do it myself!"  led me to equate those feelings with jealousy.
  • Lilium
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium triangle
    Just want to say that I was pointing out the ridicule of the situation if everyone would make that kind of art/post. Of course, I wouldn't do that. I have nothing against Joker's work itself. Now my only concern is the standard of quality required to be front page. I'm on this forum for what.. less than a month? Does this happen often? Doesn't seem like it, since so many people are talking about it.  I would understand if that was some post-contemporary art of some kind that was voluntary bad but here it lacks technique, and that I think we can agree on. But hey, I'm no one to judge. If that's the standard of quality, so be it.

More attention = more feedback = more improvement. But y'know what, I was wrong. Yeah, he has more attention but he doesn't really have more feedback, so I'm not jealous anymore. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I see how useful would be a "frontpage for beginner", but then how would someone choose who gets feature and who doesn't. Cuz that would be a great idea to seek feedback.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Offline / Send Message
    first, I did not told it's a shame to not see my topic in front page.
    i told you it was a shame to see such of topic on the front page,because it nothing instructive, i still thinking about the purpose of this, maybe an admin get drunk yesterday and thought it was a fun joke. there is no joke, their are people behind the profile.
    So, Isn't the best approach to ask for what is wrong, when you can't understand the situation ? i stay honest, i don't edit my post, i know and i explained the purpose of this. i worry a little for such reaction i had on the mentioned post you point me to, but i had no other formulation to explain to illustrate the mood and feel.
    I don't care about the merit or popularity, i just took almost two years to develop 3 toolsets for Zbrush, and none has been yet released because I only focused on the quality. Recently i had decided to publish a series of plugins as gift for the community, the objective was to get a bit more attention and create a base of zbrush user i would keep updated inform via gumroad, to make announcement for others toolsets i had developed. The time invested is massive, without any visibility at all it's like two years entirely wasted for nothing,
  • Deforges
    Offline / Send Message
    fuzzzzzz said:
    first, I did not told it's a shame to not see my topic in front page.
    i told you it was a shame to see such of topic on the front page,because it nothing instructive, i still thinking about the purpose of this, maybe an admin get drunk yesterday and thought it was a fun joke. there is no joke, their are people behind the profile.
    So, Isn't the best approach to ask for what is wrong, when you can't understand the situation ? i stay honest, i don't edit my post, i know and i explained the purpose of this. i worry a little for such reaction i had on the mentioned post you point me to, but i had no other formulation to explain to illustrate the mood and feel.
    I don't care about the merit or popularity, i just took almost two years to develop 3 toolsets for Zbrush, and none has been yet released because I only focused on the quality. Recently i had decided to publish a series of plugins as gift for the community, the objective was to get a bit more attention and create a base of zbrush user i would keep updated inform via gumroad, to make announcement for others toolsets i had developed. The time invested is massive, without any visibility at all it's like two years entirely wasted for nothing,
    You're assuming why he got featured.  I like his stuff and I can learn more from his stuff - I look at it as experimental. From another perspective, understanding why something doesn't work can be just as valuable as learning what does.

When a song comes on the radio I don't like I change the station or in this case I keep scrolling. I like this thread, I'm glad it was featured and that's all I have to say about it.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Offline / Send Message
    it's just fine if you like and you think he deserves to be posted in front page, i have no problem with that, before  i posted any comment
    just reading the comments make the demonstration of a bad idea from polycount admin.
    the reading i got from the replied posted after the thread was featured, isn't the feedback the guy would like to receive.
    Even my position as i try to defend the author, is tricky, because it mean i assume the content and art is just all you should never produce as artist.
    The guy is not a long talker, he just posted images he did not comment them.
    Personally i would be happy to see my work featured on front page, in second hand the feeling /surprise would drop down after reading the comments, even reading mine.

• joker187
    Offline / Send Message
    joker187 polycounter lvl 4
    Its   simple I did not ask to be put on the front page but thank u also I did like 9 fast Photoshop drawling not tracing in like 5 hours just to use as reference instead of just copying the google like most people I didn't really spend time on them I made them to use for 3Dmax, maya, or zmodler . ya I can do all three, but thank u because the  more u hate the better  I get. Plus Picasso  art did not get famous over night. But thanks for hating or liking ether way its art shit theirs people that say cooking wedding cakes is an art