Home Technical Talk

Question about Zremeshing

vertex
Offline / Send Message
PinkZebra vertex
Hi guys :)

My apologies if I don't explain this incredibly well, I'm still trying to wrap my own head around it.

So I've been following a tutorial to create an elephant, and I've reached the Zremeshing area to even out my polys.
So far I have created a duplicate of my elephant, used the 'ZRemesherGuide' tool around the eye, and hit Zremesher to create the remeshed model. The tutorial then goes on to add some more subdivisions before projecting onto the original model, and this is where I seem to be struggling a bit.

So in the video, the duplicated model is now appearing to be the same as the original model, even with the clay tubes showing, but with more tidy polys. On my end, however, the duplicated model is incredibly smooth and loses a lot of the detail I've added in, which only became worse as I upped the divisions.
I may be making a simple mistake here, but I've gone over the video with my model a few times and have always come across the same result.

Here is the video I'm using: https://youtu.be/-RvMjfaLGro?t=7m30s

And I'll also include some images of my model, both the more detailed original, and the result after remeshing and dividing. 

Cheers :)

Replies