Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Mech by Jonas Roscinas

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Johnnynapalmsc interpolator
Hey guys, will be posting my new personal project here. So far a couple of days in, did a basic blockout and now refining the shapes!
If you have any questions please ask!

Concept (RIFTS NG Forester Power Armor by ChuckWalton):

Some shots (You can clearly see at this point I am working on the upper parts):

Replies

• Rambo4you
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rambo4you polycounter lvl 10
    That's a pretty good start. Your getting that hard surface technics really mastered, I been seeing your other work as well, you keep improving. Keep up the good work mate, looking forward to seeing this done :)
  • Johnnynapalmsc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rambo4you said:
    That's a pretty good start. Your getting that hard surface technics really mastered, I been seeing your other work as well, you keep improving. Keep up the good work mate, looking forward to seeing this done :)
    Thanks man, glad to hear from others that I am improving, that does motivate me a lot :)

Here's a bit of progress on this, I didn't have much time to sit down, but I am slowly getting there. Still a lot of parts to refine.

The image is rendered at 2x resolution so please zoom in for better view.

• redcap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redcap polycounter lvl 11
    Love where this is going... awesome!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    very nice shapes so far, I think youre really close to the concepts proportions but some parts are still a bit off, his legs and arms are perhaps longer or even just slimmer in the concept and his head is about 15 to 20% smaller, there is also a nice slope from the shoulders to the head in the concept which doesnt really show in yours
  • Johnnynapalmsc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're right about the proportions, I will definitely have a little play around with Tpose master and see if I can match them up better :)