Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alpine cable car

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
PatTl92 polycounter lvl 6

Last Update

Hey folks,
working on a cable car. Gathered some reference and going for a bit of an older model. Don’t really have one particular template cable car just picking parts from my reference I like.
Als going to model the interior, but nothing to see yet.
Whole thing is still WIP, so some edges are still too sharp and lacking detail :).
Posted it for some critique and comments but also to keep track of my progress.

Thanks for stopping bye :)

Replies

• PatTl92
    Offline / Send Message

Hey folks,
    think I’m pretty much done with the HP. Got all the main parts and most of the details. Rest will be done with textures :)

• hmm_rock
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
    Nice to see something a little different. Look forward to seeing more. 
  • PatTl92
    Offline / Send Message
    @hmm_rock: glad you like it :)
    Way longer time without a post then I wanted, unwrapping and packing took longer than I expected.
    But finally I can start texturing, looking forward to it. Just some quick screengrab from inside substance .

• PatTl92
    Offline / Send Message
    Making good progress with the textures. Not totally set with the colors yet, still experimenting.
    Might add some more color on the upper part, but usually, going from my references, that “tower” is unicoloured. Will see :)

• PatTl92
    Offline / Send Message

Hello.
    With the textures of the exterior parts I’m pretty much done. Some value tweaks maybe here and there. Interior still needs some touch ups.
    Changed the setting though, now a cable car in a city. So going to add some graffitis and some newspapers laying on the floor.
    Playing around with the lighting too. Bit more of a sunset in mind atm.
    C&C welcome :)

• JamesMeader
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesMeader polycounter lvl 9
    This is coming along nicely, really love the subtle wear and tear especially the bashed in metal. My only criticism is make the overall presentation more interesting. Fair enough not placing it in an environment but something more interesting than a plain background. Try a dirty lense filter, noisy dust filter, vignetting, gradients, anything to make use of the space in a subtle way. Glad you're going to adjust the lighting as I think thats something that can be taken up a few notches.
    Well done so far!
  • PatTl92
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the presentation tips James :)
    Glad you like it.
  • PatTl92
    Offline / Send Message

Hello.
    I'm done.  Mainly tried to improve my texturing and wanted to work a bit more in Marmoset 3.
    More high res pictures and marmoset viewer on artstation

For the Design I took several real life cable cars as reference but not one specific one.
    I used 2x4k and 1x2k textures, some small ones for windows, papers and leaves.

Cheers :)