Home Technical Talk

PrimGen 1.0 - (rope tool for Maya)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
kidintwo3 polycounter lvl 6
Hey Guys!

I'm proud to announce another long needed essential for Maya.

Generate primitives along a curve, or two points.
Easily create ropes, branches, shoelaces, belts, low poly hair, and many more, just to name a few!

https://gumroad.com/l/primGen

[vv]129382093[/vv]

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    looks really good! can you create pipes with multiple segments(start bracket, middile joiner, end bracket etc) in this? I often need a good solution for quick pipes.
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    this is great!
    thanks a ton for adding support for Maya 2014 :D

One thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to work on Bezier curves, is there any way to work that in?

I was also wondering if you could allow for custom profile curves - either closed or not would be super nice. I love all the control you have over the extrusion, so this could be super useful for any curve-based shapes!

Ged's idea would be rad too

I dunno if any of this is out of the scope of the tool, but awesome job already - you've been busting out some super useful stuff!
  • meshiah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    nice, dude, just swooped up a copy,
    ill try and mess around with it today...please keep jammin the maya tools,... if you takin requests, a proper geopoly (make circle, or make even geo, rectangle to square), jsut like max would be a huge help. thanks for this though!!!!
    cheers
  • Bleed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bleed polycounter lvl 8
    Awww, wish it had a max version. Looks good though.
  • kidintwo3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kidintwo3 polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys!

Primgen v1.8 is out. There are some neat new features.

https://vimeo.com/197418500
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey man, its a great tool!  The only thing is... I wish there was a way to select multiple splines and add a single primgen modifier.  Currently if you have lots of splines (like with hair) you have to go thru one by one and apply the primgen and settings and so on, which is super time consuming if using many splines.  

Is it already possible to select multiple splines and apply a primgen modifier?  If not, would you consider trying to make this a feature?  Thanks man!

[Edit]  I see you can actually apply a primgen modifier to multiple splines at once, but you can't control them all at once in any way.  That's the main thing I'm asking about.