Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Virtues and Vices - Art Gallery

null
Offline / Send Message
Beneight null
I will post my projects, both WIP and Finished, in this thread.

I'm relatively new in 3D modeling (about a month) and intend to focus in making characters. 
Each character will represent a virtue or vice, hence the thread's name.
Feedbacks and critiques are highly appreciated!

Projects:

Satya (Finished)
A soldier from low class family who is determined to become stronger due to her harsh upbringing. She represents bravery. 

Software Used: Blender, xNormal

Agni (Finished)
An independent thinker whose actions are guided by rationality. She represents intelligence. 

Software Used: Blender, Marvelous Designer, xNormal

Mari (Finished)
A record keeper who is known as the lender of last answer. She represents wisdom.

Software Used: ZBrush, Blender, Substance Painter

Golem (WIP)

[No background yet]

Software Used: Blender

Replies

• Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    Progress shots of Satya.

• Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    Progress shots of Agni.

• Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    Progress on Marie. I'm aiming for a late teen look with small and thin body. I put more attention to hands and feet as I'm not content with them in my previous projects.

• Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    2D and 3D concepts of Marie's outfit. Still far from done.
    I used Marvelous Designer at first but got frustrated making the fold around the hip (ohashori) and maintaining the overall shape. So I scrapped the idea and used ZBrush instead.    

• vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    Hi,
    Nice work. Anatomy seems good, but one thing that stands out for me is the hands and feet.
    I think with a little bit more love, they could look much better.

Hands: It could be the angle of the screen shot, but the fingers seem to be too much the same thickness from the knuckle to the tip.
    I think if you made them just a little thicker toward the knuckle, kind of tapered just a little bit more. And in the full body screenshot the fingers seem too long to me. Just a small adjustment and I think they may look better.

Feet: The spacing between the toes is way too much. The feet look kinda monster-like. Push the toes closer together and I think her feet will look a whole lot better.

Its hard to tell but also, the jaw may have some issues. Need a close up of the head in side view to be sure...

I really like the Kimono clothes :)
  • vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
  • Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    vavavoom said:
    Hi,
    Nice work. Anatomy seems good, but one thing that stands out for me is the hands and feet.
    I think with a little bit more love, they could look much better.

Hands: It could be the angle of the screen shot, but the fingers seem to be too much the same thickness from the knuckle to the tip.
    I think if you made them just a little thicker toward the knuckle, kind of tapered just a little bit more. And in the full body screenshot the fingers seem too long to me. Just a small adjustment and I think they may look better.

Feet: The spacing between the toes is way too much. The feet look kinda monster-like. Push the toes closer together and I think her feet will look a whole lot better.

Its hard to tell but also, the jaw may have some issues. Need a close up of the head in side view to be sure...

I really like the Kimono clothes :)
    First of all, thanks for the suggestions! 

I have a difficulty to sculpt in tight areas in general. Maybe I wasn't careful enough with the masking, but I always ended up with spacey fingers/toes/groin/etc while smoothing after making adjustments. I'll try it again.

You're right about the fingers being too long. Will take a look at the proportion.

As for the jaw line, it did have an issue of not being connected to the ears. Already fixed it while retouching the face.
  • Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    Trying Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag to texture and render the outfit.

• Beneight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beneight null
    Final render, 78,006 tris including a full body model underneath. Changed her name to Mari.