Home Technical Talk

Bonus Tools: Auto Unwrap UVs not working, please help

Kutliev
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Kutliev null

Hello, I have Maya LT 2017, a very recent release, and I enter the Auto Unwrap UVs tool from the Bonus Tools menu, and once I click Enter Tool, it prompts me to choose an object or faces. I do, click Continue, and then the tool stops and the subsequent buttons don’t appear on the screen. The only thing that is there is this Object Not Found error:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1966: Object '' not found. //

Please help me, I don’t know why it’s not working. There was a forum page that said to reset the Preferences, and I did, and it still didn’t work.

I have searched for a while now, and no one has written a solution to this problem.

If you think this is an issue with the way I installed:

The way in which I installed Bonus Tools to my Maya LT software is by pasting the scripts into the scripts folder, and they’re all working fine. I have tested out other features of Bonus Tools, and they’re working as they’re supposed to, but this one is glitching up.

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have LT, but here's some threads that may help, it seams (heh) the UV tools are always a little goofy in the bonus tools releases. Check that the unfold3d plugin is loaded and you've got the latest updates for maya. Someone else had this problem a while back, the solution was to have the modeling toolkit open. Another another thread here with the same workaround, but I didn't read the whole thing to see if there was a better answer further down.
  • Kutliev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kutliev null

The problem was that I had the Modeling Toolkit deactivated, somehow. I just went Mesh Tools > Show Modeling Toolkit. And once the Modeling Toolkit icon at the top right was no longer greyed out, I had the Bonus Tools > UVs > UV Unwrap tool working.

I solved the problem. Thanks you, throttlekitty! I got the idea from one of the forums you linked to. I had looked at it before, but hadn't tried this solution before.