Help me with this .........

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sahil Bhardwaj polycounter lvl 2
I don't know if its wrong or right.

This render is with metalness map 

This one is without metalness map

Can anyone tell me which one is right or look good or both of them are not good.I want to achieve good result but i don't know what map i used other than specular, diffuse,or normal map.

Replies

• Bants
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bants polycounter lvl 6
    It's hard to tell from these screenshots. It could be a lighting error, shader setup error, texture implementation error. I would do a test, get a cube, stick it in your engine of choice. Try out different settings (lighting, greyscale values on textures etc). Isolate albedo, roughness, normal and metalness to see how they interact with each other to form the material. Then you'll figure out where your issue lies. Good luck!

Also, the technical talk board to is the one to use for these types of questions for the future.
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    Can you post your texture flats?
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are my color maps. You can watch my model on this Link:-https://skfb.ly/Xt7r

First...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Second........

• sidx30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sidx30 polycounter lvl 4
    Don't have much experience with Sketchfab, but the metals look like metal to me in the preview. Play with the Roughness/Glossiness. Also when you use Metalness, you need to play with the base colors a bit more as well, as it defines reflectivity for metals. Try darker or brighter values if things aren't looking right to you.
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    Have you read any documentation on PBR textures? Your texture maps are not correct, do you have a roughness or gloss map?
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah i heard about PBR texturing...but i don't know how to do it in maya like where the metalness map go in blinn shader.Can you pls tell me why my texture maps are not correct,These two are only color maps i don't create roughness and glossmap i only create normal ,color and specular maps for this scene.And finally can you tell me how to create roughness and gloss map.If i have specular map then do i really need to create roughness or gloss map