vertex
Offline / Send Message
FrozenNinja vertex
This is exciting! :-)

Replies

• FrozenNinja
    Offline / Send Message
    FrozenNinja vertex
    Hi Everyone.  I actually thought we had more time, lol!
    I am new to ZBrush, and I have never used any of the other 3D programs.  I have used Photoshop a couple times, but that is it.  I have no idea about Rendering so I have a lot to learn in the next week if I am going to have something to turn in. 
    So, the story that we were given is really interesting, and it will be great to see everyone's interpretation...  I was caught by the line in the story that reads " In front of him is a majestic city, unlike anything he’s ever seen before"... and so my story begins...
    * I see the Majestic City on it's own "Island in Space" as depicted in the first picture, and the viewer is looking at that Island from another Island...  I hope it all makes sense as my WIP pictures progress...
    * In the second picture is my Character, Kaleia.  She will be on her way to work on her 1900's space ride... Arms, Legs, Hands, and Feet not done yet, going to use some XMD Monster Mash Brushes for those... Ya! for XMD making my job easier...

• FrozenNinja
    Offline / Send Message
    FrozenNinja vertex
    Here is my second round of WIP.  I did some work on the Vehicle, and also on Kaleia.  :-)

• FrozenNinja
    Offline / Send Message
    FrozenNinja vertex
    Here is another WIP.  I started coloring Kaleia.  I decided to add booster shoes, which was what I had wanted from the beginning, so I will not have her riding in the vehicle pictured above.  Lol.  This is my first time putting together a character, and I have had to watch videos to learn how to do the polypainting.  It was always a mystery to me.  Thanks to this competition, I have really been learning a lot.

• FrozenNinja
    Offline / Send Message
    FrozenNinja vertex
    Here is my Polypainted character, Kaleia.  My first time polypainting, and it was a blast.  Now I need to finish the scene.  She will be flying off into space, towards a far off space station, which is the original "Majestic City" mentioned in the original story.  She ended up with Translucent skin with a starry sky kind of look.  Very fun to learn all of this. 

• FrozenNinja
    Offline / Send Message
    FrozenNinja vertex
    Final -

Here it is.  My final piece.  This contest was great!  Thank you very much everyone!

Here is Kaleia, she is flying on her booster-shoes, on her way to work in the Majestic City among the stars. There are other people on their way to the Majestic City as well.  Most people travel to the city from their little Mountain retreats, as most residents in the area have houses by a lake.     It is going to be a busy day in the city, like usual.  :-) 

• FrozenNinja