Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cel's Work

null
Offline / Send Message
Celcius null
Hello Everyone! I am new to the site and I figured it was time to sign up and start sharing. I have been to the site a few times but never became a member. I see so much amazing stuff on this site that it keeps me motivated and inspired, thanks everyone! a little bit about my self, my name is Corey but most people in the art realm and gaming realm know me as Celcius. I am attending Full Sail U. for a BA in Video Game Art.  I am extremely passionate about art and gaming and hope for nothing more then to be an asset to the industry some day. Critiques are always welcome! That how I get better. Thanks for taking the time to pop in! 

I will start this post with my most recent work, a game res Oil drum.

Modeled in Maya, Detailed in Zbrush.

Painted in substance.
This Is what it looks like in Unreal Engine 4.

Replies

• Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    Welcome Celcius! 
    I think you're off to a good start! Getting into 3D art is very exciting!
    Some feedback
    The dent in your LP is way too exaggerated and you really see it in your final render, it looks like your container melted/warped rather then being dented.

Your material definition is missing in your final Ue4 render. It looks like your roughness map is MIA. 

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing more! 
  • Celcius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Celcius null
    Yea I thought something was wrong with my roughness, everything went super glossy in Ue4, the dent I do see how and will fix thanks.
  • Evaniiish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Evaniiish vertex
    Hi Corey, I really like your high poly sculpt but I think your low poly is letting the barrel down a bit! I would say that its too angular where you have dented it and  you should make the dents not as strong. I think how I would try to fix this is to either decimate the barrel in zbrush and see if the results are good through that or I would quad draw over it in maya (or your preferred software's equivalent) which should let you follow the high polys design much better and get some better edge flow around the dents
  • Celcius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Celcius null
    I agree, I did not go about creating my game res very well. I did over do one dent in particular. Thanks Evaniiish.