Home Contests & Challenges Archives Reallusion's 3D Character Design Contest 2016

Reallusion Character Design - pankratz

null
Offline / Send Message
pankratz null
Salut à tous !

Since my focus is more on animation, I'm creating a character around Flamenco choreography I have in mind for the song You Elude Me by Debra Fotheringham. Flamenco plays a lot with the contrast between the earth and sky, so I'm hoping to bring that dichotomy into the character -- hopefully without being too cliché.

Using Character Creator -- w/CC Essential morphs -- I wanted to create a look that's both bird and tree like (e.g. kind of sinewy, exaggerated proportions). Again, it's perhaps bordering on cliché, but I like how it's turning out:

(make-up/freckles/tan/etc. presently turned off)
à la prochaine !

Replies

• pankratz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pankratz null
    I made a few adjustments to the brow and nose in Character Creator, then I brought the model into Blender to shape the eye socket and nose a little bit more, importing as a morph slider:

My next step is to use either Blender or ZBrush to add more tree-dryad-like details to the dancer and then create a more stylized texture. (Although I don't want to rely too much on ZBrush since I only have the trial.)

I'll be using the following image (found through google image search) as my primary inspiration for the base sculpt and texture:

__

My ultimate goal for this competition is to just finish. I'm mostly using it as a therapeutic/creative outlet/distraction for my Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder w/Psychotic features and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. So progress is pretty slow, but hopefully I'll be able to churn something out by the deadline.

But seeing what everyone else has been creating has been inspiring. I'm looking forward to watching everyone's progress throughout the coming weeks!

à la prochaine ! 

• InfinityComplex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InfinityComplex polycounter lvl 5
    I'm rooting for you. And hope you finish. I look forward to seeing what your creative outlet brings :)