Home Technical Talk

3DS Max - Paint deform not working while using 'show end result' with WSM

Misters
null
Offline / Send Message
Misters null
Trying to use paint deform with a camera map world space modifier on top of my stack. Seems buggy i.e. my paint brush disappears. 

I tried with another WSM and had the same issue - any ideas if there is a solution? I need to see the end result of the WSM to see my projected texture.

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Try it using the object space version of the same modifier.

The main difference between the world-space version of Camera Map and the object-space version is that, when you move the camera or the object using the object-space version, the object becomes visible, because the UVW coordinates are fixed to the object's local coordinates. When you move the camera or object using the world-space version, the object remains invisible because world coordinates are used instead.
  • Misters
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Misters null
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I think that will do the job. Thanks.
  • Misters
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Misters null
    ...out of interest, would there be a way to get the setup working with the WSM? I like not having to update my projection cam whenever I move my geometry.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Sorry, I'm not aware of any as I would never really use camera mapping in my workflow. WSM modifiers cannot be overridden. That's why they always stay on top of the stack, so I wouldn't have thought so.