Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Italian Villa - Environment

Stavaas
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Stavaas polycounter lvl 3
Hey all. I'm finally done with my second year in school, and now eager to work on some personal projects during summer vacation. My first environment is one I've wanted to make for a while, and the idea is an Italian villa, with a backyard pool area. I chose this because I love that area of the world, the architecture, the flora and the weather. I've decided to take my time with this, and to be as transparent with this project as I possibly can, so that I can hopefully get a lot of feedback and learn a lot while making it. I really need to get better at asking for continuous feedback and criticism, and not just in the beginning and final stages like I've done in the past.

Anyway, after a couple of hours of reference gathering, I made a moodboard and then spent a couple of days blocking out the area. I didn't want it to be too big, so that it's still doable.

Moodboard:

Blockout:

After I was done blocking out, I tossed it into UE4 and added some quick lighting to get a feel of it. 

As of how to progress from this, I'm not really sure what the best bet would be. I'm thinking I should focus on each part individually, and work on those, and then let everything come together naturally, but I'm not really sure. If anyone could shed some light on what might be the smartest move, that would be really appreciated!

Replies