Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Joyd Project

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Joyd polycounter lvl 5
Hello !

This is my first post on Polycount, I'm Joyd (or Joydsupbro) 3D character artist mainly (self-taught).

I want to share my project here,

I'll make a low poly character for videogames with 10k tris~, I've no idea about the style I want for now (Overwatch/Chinese style or LoL/WoW)

I usualy stream my project on Twitch ->

Feedbacks are welcome !

• I start an highpoly sculpt with dynamesh only, block shapes and retopo later on 3D Coat

• More work on anatomy

• Face update

Replies

• Joyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joyd polycounter lvl 5
    Part two~

• Add somes armors on my character

• Joyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joyd polycounter lvl 5
    3rd part~

• Here 1st attempt polypaint on Zbrush

And here, you can see my timelapse if you want~
    Link here
    That's all for today ! :Þ

• Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose polycounter lvl 7
    I feel like you're digging yourself into a dangerous hole of bad habits with your human figures(even if cartoon-based). A lot of the work I've seen you do has a very elongated face, and even when doing cartoon-based things you have to take into account anatomy ( Look at pixar things, hard to see in some cases but its all there)

Blah 2minute liquify, but it kind of pokes at the point im trying to make (eyes more natural feeling not raised like someone going (⊙︿⊙), Jaw not pointed, ears more backwards than out.. eyes lower etc.. was going to move nose up and reconstruct a ton but liquify sucks at moving noses) and of course you can resharpen everything to make her look a bit more fierce and sharp jawed, but a sharp jaw != big chin

• Joyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joyd polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Mistah Moose ^^ (the world is small) !

I'll try to do more work on her face, correct as much as possible and keep in mind I do everytime "a very elongated face", so thank you so much for your feedback and a quick PS to illustrate your idea !

(Btw I warn the next 'Wip' I post is before your comment, but today, the 21th may after Jesus Christ, I'll work on the face !)