interpolator
Offline / Send Message
LaurentiuN interpolator
Anyone saw this? What do you think?

Looks like a nice trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y

Replies

• slipsius
    Trying to be unbiased here. This is my personal opinion, and not that of Ubisoft. Movie looks great, I think! Very excited to see it. Though, using the same footage twice in a trailer is a very poor choice by whoever cut it.
  • Biomag
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    I absolutely love the look and mood of the Assassin's Creed franchise and the movie nails it. Just the Animus is kinda weird when you come from the game to it. In any case, can't wait to see it.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Looks good, I'll definitely check it out.

The music seemed really ill-fitting though. Usually I'm not the guy complaining about using a rap song in a trailer, but this was just distracting and really hurt my impression of the movie. Here's hoping for a better choice in trailer 2. 
  • ZacD
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Anyone else get the generic movie video game vibe from this? 
  • JamesArk
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    Shiniku said:
    Looks good, I'll definitely check it out.

The music seemed really ill-fitting though. Usually I'm not the guy complaining about using a rap song in a trailer, but this was just distracting and really hurt my impression of the movie. Here's hoping for a better choice in trailer 2. 
    This^. Kanye's voice instantly took me out of the experience.
  • LaurentiuN
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Yeah the music its not that nice, just a personal taste. I think that Animus will allow him to move his body.
  • MrHobo
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    ZacD said:
    Over roughly 20 years there have only been 30 or so videogame films, I dont know if that's a big enough number over time to really have a generic feeling as a concept or a "vibe".

Personally Im actually excited about this film. Solid director, solid cast, good art direction.
     It looks like one of the few time we may get a solid film from a game.  
    Im also happy they appear to be adapting the general story/themes and not the game.
  • VelvetElvis
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Not sure if this is worth the price of a movie ticket, but it has more to do with the poor editing of the trailer than the movie itself. Between this and the new Ghostbusters trailer, who is making these things? They almost need to go to editing class 101. The launch trailers are going to hurt an otherwise probably good movies to see.

It will be interesting to see how they bridge things between the movie and the game. It appears as if they are starting where Assassins Creed 1 started, just with a different time setup.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Whoever selected that music needs to be fired 
  • Blond
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    ZacD said:
    Yep, it doesn't pick my interest at all.  Looks allright. I don't expect much. It'ill probabably be as good as the Prince of Perisa movie they made.
  • Add3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    I just like the fact that they didn't shy away from showing the important bits of the movie, and not attempt to sell us on some half-ass-ed love plot or "deep narrative".  They gave us a quick back story, and cut right into what they are selling: An action movie based on Assassin's Creed.  I'm pretty excited, though I agree I am not that convinced right now about spending money to see it in theaters.  Great cast though.  
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    cast, director, color grading, historic setting, slow mo... deja vu!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieFaaCYztDU

wasn't too bad, btw.
  • Mark Dygert
    So... who let Uwe Boll do the sound track? Seriously, someone forgot to turn on the sound when they green-lit that trailer.
  • MM
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    this scene looks lame, and that tattoo above her chin looks like soul patch...

• Greg DAlessandro
    Offline / Send Message
    Greg DAlessandro polycounter lvl 6
    They don't seem to explain how he is acrobatic and can fight. Also that music does not match the trailer's vibe
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    @MM next you'll say you don't like three-point landings either! i'm sure they'll have a few of those in this flick.
  • Clark Coots
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    I'm expecting fun parkour and action, sometimes I just want to see a badass beat up some dudes in a movie
  • Tekoppar
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    MM said:
    Is she even hitting the guy on the right? That looks quite bad and I hope it improves drastically.
  • R3D
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Well, I saw prince of persia in theatres, I'll have to see this just to scrub it out of my mind.
  • ZacD
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I figured I'd go into the issues I see a bit more. The climbing and fighting look a bit too floaty, even the game had more weight and impact. There's a lot of "badass just to be badass" elements and a lot of fan service, but not a lot of evidence of there being much of a story or good acting. Basically a lot of the same issues I have with transformers. At least with transformers they tried to make it a better movie experience by changing it a bit from the source material, which is the right idea, just bad execution. The first thing a movie like this should look at is how can we tell a good story within this existing universe. 
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    MM said:

That scene stuck out to me too... they just melt through her blades, and her arms don't move. It looks like her hands go through their bodies, and no blood is left behind.

I was really hopeful for this movie, but unless this used very early cuts, I think it will fail miserably. The music was horrible, but I think that's been covered enough... most of the scenes looked very generic
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp said:
    @MM next you'll say you don't like three-point landings either! i'm sure they'll have a few of those in this flick.
    You mean like at the 1:40 mark?
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    proof that i didn't even last the entire trailer!
    i seem to have misplaced my inner 12 year old who might actually have enjoyed this movie. ;)
  • Anchang-Style
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Maybe it will be good...but the trailer didn't do anything for me (nost just because of Kanye). But it's what we have seen a lot of: choregraphed "Martial Arts" scenes and a lot of slo Mo posing. A bit disappointing considering the rough nature of McB. 
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll keep an eye on future trailers, but at this moment, I'm not sold. It probably would have been better, if I had never seen this trailer. I like Michael Fassbender, and I like Assassin's Creed... and I always thought it would make a great movie. This trailer made me lose all interest. 
    Hopefully, as it gets closer to release, they'll polish it up more, and I'll see an updated trailer, to change my mind
  • slipsius
    Apparently it's 65% done in the present, and 35% done in the past. So, it seems like it will be more story driven than anything. Im not sure how i feel about that though. On one hand I want to see more past stuff, but on the other, I think 2 hours of them free running could get tiresome. So we`ll see how it all plays out! 
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    Personally, I dislike the 'present' timelines, of the Assaassins Creed series. It was cool, in the first game, and it's important to the storyline, but as the series progressed, I hated when I got sucked out of the 'past', and distracted by the present time drama, especially when it often didn't involve much more than conversations. 

Basically, the past is what interests me most. The history, and the feeling of the period, was what always appealed to me. If the movie barely touches the past, then I may lose further interest. Just because they are in the past, doesn't mean they need to parkour all the time. Much of it could be about investigating the templar order (like the game). 

I'll wait and see what people say about it, after it's hit the theaters
  • Tekoppar
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    @slipsius if that ratio is true I can already guess what happens with the plot. Before strapping him in they give him the arm blades, hes gonna go back in to the past and learn how to become a badass and come back and use those to escape.
  • CandyStripes05
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    notman said:
    Personally, I dislike the 'present' timelines, of the Assaassins Creed series. It was cool, in the first game, and it's important to the storyline, but as the series progressed, I hated when I got sucked out of the 'past', and distracted by the present time drama, especially when it often didn't involve much more than conversations. 

Basically, the past is what interests me most. The history, and the feeling of the period, was what always appealed to me. If the movie barely touches the past, then I may lose further interest. Just because they are in the past, doesn't mean they need to parkour all the time. Much of it could be about investigating the templar order (like the game). 

I'll wait and see what people say about it, after it's hit the theaters
    +1

if it's 65% in the present I hope @Tekoppar theory has some play
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Tekoppar said:
    @slipsius if that ratio is true I can already guess what happens with the plot. Before strapping him in they give him the arm blades, hes gonna go back in to the past and learn how to become a badass and come back and use those to escape.
    I sure hope that is the case.  I want actual story, and not just reliving the past.