Home Technical Talk

If I were to take photos of people for textures/dimensions, what would an artist want?

Hello!  I'm not a modeler, unfortunately -- my hands don't quite work will for it!  However, I've been dabbling in Photogrammetry, so far unsuccessfully, and I was thinking it may make more sense to have a modeler make a model based on images.

So I have questions!  I do have a background in photography, so capturing photos of high quality (50 megapixel camera, lighting, studio, all the stuff) is not a problem.

1.  For poses, what would you as a modeler want?  T-Pose from front and sides, I'm guessing.  What about 45 degree angles?   Any other angles/details for the face, hands, feet etc?

2.  For textures, in order to copy the actual skin texture of the model to the digital model, what would you want?  Obviously I'd have the photo, but is there any processing I can do to help with the creation of other maps you may want?  How many detail photos would you want for things like the eyes, lips, nipples, nails etc?

Thanks!!

Replies