Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: HELP ME!!!

After i've downloaded Quixel Suit and installed it , i got a message "Do you want to start Quixel Suite now?" (or something like that), i press "yes" and i got an error "The path 'C: \Program Files\Quixel\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe' does not exist or is not a directory."
I've pressed "OK" , after that i've tried to search the launcher of Quixel to start it , but i can't find one.

Can anyone help me?

Replies

• afoster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't had this issue with quixel so this just some generic advice:

fwiw I think my installation ended up here by default (win 7)
    C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe

which version of windows do you have?

I would say to do a file search for SUITE.exe and see if it is anywhere on your machine.

Then maybe just uninstall and reinstall.

also it seems odd to have a space between "C:" and "\Program Files" unless that is just a typo.

Good luck!
  • afoster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha. oh maybe the space in the file path was to stop the emoticon : )
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Snakers!

First off, make sure You´ve downloaded the full install and not just a patch!

Also it would be great if you could screenshoot the error message so I could see exacly what´s going on, thank you!
  • Diego.Rothenbach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Diego.Rothenbach polycounter lvl 3
    I thought I would post here since I too am in need of help. I installed the Suite and re-installed PS CC. I have run things as admin, and I have also shut down any walls.

So my problem is, when I run the suite, NDO and 3DO run as expected when the buttons are clicked. DDO when clicked on does nothing...the icon stays in the pressed position as if on, but no window appears like the others.

I go to the folder where the exe is kept, I launch DDO from there(as admin) and the pop up box appears for it. I load the mesh and files, then I click on "Create Base" then PS CC disappears. PS still shows as active in the task manager, but is no longer accessible to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Diego.Rothenbach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I kept rolling back to different versions.I decided after a couple to go back v1.1, The Icon for DDO still does not work in the Suite menu bar. But it does work when I run the exe from the folder, I am able to load my mesh and other files with no issue.
  • Diego.Rothenbach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, I kept rolling back to different versions.I decided after a couple to go back v1.1, The Icon for DDO still does not work in the Suite menu bar. But it does work when I run the exe from the folder, I am able to load my mesh and other files with no issue.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi diego!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, a few ideas:

- Are there any non-alphanumerical characters in the install path to the suite?
    - is there any anti-virus that might block the suite?
    -is the suite installed on a network drive?
    - is there enough room left on PS scratchdisks?

Lots of questions :) hopefully one of them can lead to a fix!
  • Michael Z
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I have purchased a license for NDO, received the license by email and conformation of purchase. I download Quixel suite and install it, installation runs smoothly and get to the point to launch Quixel Suite, I click launch and it does not open Photoshop just opens my documents. The install was to the default folder C:\Users\Public\Quixel
    When I look through the Quixel folders there is no SUITE.exe file only the uninstall file and I am never asked to add the license number I received by email when purchased.
    I have Windows 7, Photoshop CC. Please help! Thank you!
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    afoster wrote: »
    fwiw I think my installation ended up here by default (win 7)
    C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release\SUITE.exe

I will second that. Its usually a good idea to let a program install itself where it first suggests. My quixel is users/Public, not in the Programs folder. Also Have the Quixel suite startup as in admin mode.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Michael Z - So there are no exe files in users/public/quixel/suite ?
    That is very strange! Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall, sounds like something was corrupted during your install! you can also try your "revo uninstaller" to clean all the quixel files from your system, this has worked for many others. Let me know if this does anything for you.
  • Exyzavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    !

Hello, I'm currently new to polycount.com and I'm having an issue with Quixel Suite. I've been searching the forums but can't a similar situation since it won't let me post my own thread to inquire. I recently bought and received the Quixel Suite with an Indie License. I can provide the shop number given, and my order ID# if needed. After purchasing the Quixel Suite, it didn't automatically install the programs (NDO, DDO, 3DO, and Megascans) onto my computer. The Purchase Information page came up and it had listed NDO and DDO (w/ Indie License) as what I'd purchased and beside them were links to download. I downloaded and installed them. When I pressed DDO it started talking about a trial. I pressed NDO it said the same thing. I haven't received a confirmation email with my serial number so I can't register it. I double checked my email and all folders in my gmail but haven't recieved anything. Also, when I go to my programs in the control panel Quixel isn't in there. But when I pull it up the its showing the programs and in addition, Quixel megascan is grayed out. Can you please help me?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Exyzavier!

If you can PM me the e-mail for the account I can give you the serials for NDO and DDO.
    3DO is free for anyone with NDO or DDO so you don´t need a license for that!

Megascans is not part of The Suite and is a stand alone product, it has not yet been released that is why the button is greyed out. It is fully integrated with The Suite however so those who wants to use both Megascans and Ddo can do so seamlessly!
  • Exyzavier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Exyzavier!

If you can PM me the e-mail for the account I can give you the serials for NDO and DDO.
    3DO is free for anyone with NDO or DDO so you don´t need a license for that!

Megascans is not part of The Suite and is a stand alone product, it has not yet been released that is why the button is greyed out. It is fully integrated with The Suite however so those who wants to use both Megascans and Ddo can do so seamlessly!

Are you referring to my account on Quixel.com? If so the email with that account is exyzavier@gmail.com
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Exyzavier - Sent you a PM with the serials!
  • JulieMikulich3D
    Hi can owning ps cs2 be a problem to why Quixel not working? Because it boots up as normal like in college however I get the same error "Error 48: File or Folder does not exist. Line 0: constraints.jsx" see I kinda need it to work but then I don't know whether it's because of the version of photoshop or not...
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey, Julie!

From our system requirements:

Minimum system requirements
    - Windows 7, 64-bit only
    - Photoshop CS3 Standard/Extended, 64-bit
    - 8GB of RAM
    - 1.5 GHz CPU
    - Dedicated GPU (Nvidia GTX 600 series, or comparable specifications)
    - At least 16GB of scratch disk memory reserved for Photoshop (i.e. 16GB free on the hard drive Photoshop is using as a scratch disk)

You'll need to upgrade to CS3 at minimum to work with Quixel SUITE.