Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

[WIP] PC-CSGO | Vagabond

Just starting my WIP Thread to entry the contest. 

Well looking at the skins that are going to be in the contest I really want to make an MP9 Skin. It's a gun I use a lot and think I can do a good job. The main reason I want to win this contest is because I think it'd be awesome to have my skin in the game I've put so much time into. 

First) To find some inspiration for 70-80's Sci-fi. There's already a pretty common theme among these images I'm seeing. 

Google + Looking at previous Mil-Spec weapons gives me a good idea of what I need to draft up to to fit the criteria. What level of colors/designs on a weapon makes its a Consumer - Industrial - Mil-Spec to Restricted to Classified to Covert. There is a pattern for these colors and what makes them their spec. 

Designs/Randomly generated patterns seem to have a big role in a spec. I thought for sure the next case would have a Covert M4A4, a Restricted R8+Negev+Awp, Mil-Spec Deagle and the possible curve ball Covert AK > Classified M4A4. At least I was right about the curve ball and the Awp + Deagle. 

70/80's Movie posters are already giving me a good idea of what I want to do. Also some thing I really love about this is that it has to be a new design. Before I read that section I thought it would be a much harder contest considering there are already skins with a sci-fi theme that the community likes. So that was a great touch.

Second) Just drawing the body of the MP9 so I can start envisioning the design.
A very basic sketch to keep the shape/body of it in mind while I look for inspiration. I think it can come be a really nice skin.

Replies