Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Adaga

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
leandrojsj polycounter lvl 4
Hello guys,
I want to share this project I studied painting and creation of concept art.
Thanks More info: http://leandrojsj.com.br/single_adaga.html

Replies

• Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose polycounter lvl 7
    I like it, my only complaint is that the retopo could be SO MUCH better! You might want to take a look at going over that again
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    I marked a red line, its a line yet it has so many edges to describe it, is there a reason? also, the area marked with the red circle, way too many loops, you can get half of these down, if it doesn't affect the silhouette, its out. I just pointed out two areas but you should do this to the whole mesh, other than the lowpoly being too dense for no reason the asset looks great, but I think for the presentation of the final asset (the first pic), you should change the background, perhaps another color or something, look at other people presentations. 

• Jakro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakro greentooth
    I agree with the previous comments that there could be some cutback to the geometry for sure. Though I wouldn't cut back too far otherwise you could lose some nice curves in the silhouette.
    I'm not 100% on the metal texturing. It looks okay maybe for something stylised but I still think that it could benefit from having some proper PBR metallic values.
    I really liked how you presented each stage of production. It's straight to the point and shows a broad range of skills. Backgrounds could probably by a little more consistent though if you really want to push the presentation. Also I checked out your link and there's a lot of great stuff there that you could have posted here!
  • leandrojsj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello friends, thanks for the tips, I left so to display the closest concept. I will make a clean sweep in the model.
  • leandrojsj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakro said:
    I agree with the previous comments that there could be some cutback to the geometry for sure. Though I wouldn't cut back too far otherwise you could lose some nice curves in the silhouette.
    I'm not 100% on the metal texturing. It looks okay maybe for something stylised but I still think that it could benefit from having some proper PBR metallic values.
    I really liked how you presented each stage of production. It's straight to the point and shows a broad range of skills. Backgrounds could probably by a little more consistent though if you really want to push the presentation. Also I checked out your link and there's a lot of great stuff there that you could have posted here!
    Thanks Jakro, thanks for your consideration, I will be more active in the forum. The metal, I sought leave more stylized and less metal PBR.
  • leandrojsj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono said:
    I marked a red line, its a line yet it has so many edges to describe it, is there a reason? also, the area marked with the red circle, way too many loops, you can get half of these down, if it doesn't affect the silhouette, its out. I just pointed out two areas but you should do this to the whole mesh, other than the lowpoly being too dense for no reason the asset looks great, but I think for the presentation of the final asset (the first pic), you should change the background, perhaps another color or something, look at other people presentations. 

Thanks Nerono, I will clean the model low, to make better.
  • leandrojsj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose said:
    I like it, my only complaint is that the retopo could be SO MUCH better! You might want to take a look at going over that again
    Mr. Moose, I will review the model, thanks.
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    i love how saturated and vibrant the colors are.  Care to give more detail on your texture creation?