Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Development Thread] Action/Puzzle Game in Unreal Engine

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
tzeentch polycounter lvl 2
Hello guys, 

I've decided to start a game in Unreal. I am making this thread so I can receive feedback and improve it. 

Story of Alex and Claire on their way to the Crystal that can bring people back to life.

Gameplay
Main concept is that we have 2 characters - one who fights the baddies and his sidekick - a ghost girl (*) and they have different abilities and roles in the game. Alex's weapons are a baseball bat (melee) and a shotgun (range), Claire is partially his medic and partially his guide (in terms of passing through walls and reaching key puzzle features that are unavailable for Alex).
Gameplay modes are action and puzzle and every level has its own configuration of the two: in terms of reaching the end of the level you have to pass the puzzle part and kill everyone in your way.

Artstyle
Low poly landscapes and brutalist architecture. Spacey overall feel of the landscape in combination with neutral/cold assets.

* this here is a plot hole. If you have any suggestions on who Claire is, why is she a ghost and why is she attached to our main character, let me know, Id be glad to implement them.

Uploads to come.
Thanks for your time.

Replies