Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New to Polycount, and asking for critiques and feedback.

Hi guys, I'm brand new here. I'm soon to graduate college, and am asking for some critiques on my work to help me land a job, or to see things as an environment artist, that I may not be seeing clearly.

Thank you so much.

I've been working on this bar scene, but my online portfolio is kiffinparkin.carbonmade.com

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dReaper polycounter lvl 4
    I will be 100% honest, you need to sit down and choose one prop to make. Make that prop as perfect as possible, and make it at a AAA level.

The work you are showing here and on your site needs work. Mainly material definition.

You are nearly there however, I can see promise.

Discuss what software you use, are you utilizing PBR texturing methods, what your intentions are, etc.

• Triptweeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, Thank you so much!
    I will do that. I am using PBR texturing with Substance painter. 
    Do you think I need to re work this stuff, or just do as you said, and make a AAA prop as perfect as possible?
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 12
    Chair seats are super small. The scene is super small as well.
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Triptweeze it is better to create new work and continue to learn rather than go back to older work.

Start a new project and start a polycount thread. Ask for crits and suggestions. We will help!

Keep at it!
  • Triptweeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you sir for the feedback!  
  • Triptweeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again! I was really nervous posting this, but people like you have been very kind. 
    Also, I saw your stuff. I played the Mortal Combat game on the iPhone and I loved the environments! You do amazing work man.
    Thanks for your help and advice. I'll take it, and do it.
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for playing!

Do not be nervous we all hate to see our art critiqued in some fashion. We just have to keep pumping new work and get better/faster!

Asking for advice and critiques put you one step ahead of others.
  • Triptweeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, I actually played that game about 6 months ago or so. It seems around when it first came out, and the environments and props really stood out to me! 

Thanks again!
    This is my first real experience doing this, so I appreciate you making it a good one.  I figured if I had a lot of people saying it looked like crap, I'd have to scrap everything, and just stick to working in production ha ha.

Take care, and thanks again!