Home Technical Talk

Zbrush- Smooth brush weak

tsuika
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
tsuika polycounter lvl 2
Hello!
So I am working on my first project in Zbrush and observed that the smooth brush is not as strong as it used to be. I am sure I changed something but don't really know what. 

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Smooth brush has less effect operating on higher resolutions. This is because the topology is more densely packed and as the smooth brush is averaging verts to neighbours there is less of a distance to travel and this makes it seem that the smoothing isn't doing much.

There is a smooth stronger brush in lightbox(comma hotkey>brushes>smooth>smooth stronger)

But really your resolution is way too high. It's good practice to have lower levels you can go down to for much greater control over the forms, especially if you're just starting out in ZB and havn't yet mastered the brushes.
  • tsuika
    Offline / Send Message
    tsuika polycounter lvl 2
    Smooth brush has less effect operating on higher resolutions. This is because the topology is more densely packed and as the smooth brush is averaging verts to neighbours there is less of a distance to travel and this makes it seem that the smoothing isn't doing much.

There is a smooth stronger brush in lightbox(comma hotkey>brushes>smooth>smooth stronger)

But really your resolution is way too high. It's good practice to have lower levels you can go down to for much greater control over the forms, especially if you're just starting out in ZB and havn't yet mastered the brushes.
    can I lower the resolution ? or I can just discard this project...
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You can zremesh it to a much lower res. You will benefit as you have no detail to lose but will keep the form.
  • tsuika
    Offline / Send Message
    tsuika polycounter lvl 2
    You can zremesh it to a much lower res. You will benefit as you have no detail to lose but will keep the form.
    thank you! problem solved !