Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

First Demo Reel

null
Hi guys! I am a new member to the Polycount community and am already blown away by how helpful this community can be. I would really appreciate any comments you guys have towards my reel and don't hold back! Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/152950687

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Welcome @Moonman117 !

Nice reel! and Its clearly that you have a demo reel for videogames :P
    What I got from a recruiter from the videogame industry is that your reel needs to have a walk cycles , attacks , Idle and deads. He told me that those were the pillars for a good demo reel for videogames. So I would put an attack and maybe a walk/run cycles of humanoids since you already have a creature in it.

Also in the description try to always put credit for the rigs used :)

now for the shots:
    - The jump is amazing!
    - The run from the sack is also good and funny haha love the cartoony side of it.
    - The jump feels a little bit floaty , it feels like the gravity is not working like intended. Also I don't feel that take off , the anticipation is not working ( timing wise because the poses are good) at the time he wants to jump he just takes off so slow for a jump. try to speed this part and slow him down at the peak of his translation Y.
    - I don't quite get the idea of the alien spaceship D:
    - Nice idle!! maybe for a portfolio point of view I would like to see his whole body.
    - Nice Dino walk cycle!! I would just play more with rotations since it seems that he is moving like a toy with just 1 rotation axis , try to use the other rotations too just a little bit to avoid this :)
    - Mery pls don't kill me :v

Hope it helps , those are just my opinion. Take what it helps to you the most :)!!
    Keep the good work coming and welcome again!

• Moonman117
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moonman117 null
    Thanks so much for the critique on my reel Arturow, I will be back with progress! Especially the advice for adding a run cycle and a death anim, I'm going to get right on it!