Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - How to save my project to load later?

sr3d
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
sr3d polycounter lvl 2
I want to save all my zbrush work to a project file, then load the project file later and resume right where I left off.

Can Zbrush do this?

Typically in most programs you would do:

File--> Save As--> ProjectName

Then to load your project you would do:

File--> Load --> ProjectName

How do I do this in Zbrush?

Replies

• voronov.art
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    voronov.art polycounter lvl 10
    The same way:
    File - Save As ... or "Ctrl+S"

To open a project:
    File - Open ... or "Ctrl+O"
  • sr3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sr3d polycounter lvl 2
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You can also use the quick save button at the top of the screen. This will save your project to a quick save folder in lightbox.
  • sr3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sr3d polycounter lvl 2
    it never ends.  This is the most frustrating program I've ever seen.
    When I load my project, it doesn't save the previous document size I had set.

When I set the new document size to 4096x4096 and hit crop layer.  It leaves behind remnant of the same tool on the canvas.  When I draw my tool again, the old one sits in the top left corner. Do I have to erase it or something?
    In other words, if I draw multiple tools, then hit Edit, how do I erase or get rid of the previous tools that are on the document?

Oh god, when I hit CTRL S to save my project, is there anyway to make it save the document size too?
  • lorenzo_di_pietro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lorenzo_di_pietro polycounter lvl 6
    When you crop/resize the document, ZBrush quits the 3D mode and goes 2.5D. Press "ctrl+n" to clear the canvas, drag your 3D tool again, press "t" to re-enter the edit mode (3D mode).

One more thing: when you save the project with "ctrl+s", the document size should have been saved too (ONLY for that project).
  • sr3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sr3d polycounter lvl 2
    When you crop/resize the document, ZBrush quits the 3D mode and goes 2.5D. Press "ctrl+n" to clear the canvas, drag your 3D tool again, press "t" to re-enter the edit mode (3D mode).

One more thing: when you save the project with "ctrl+s", the document size should have been saved too (ONLY for that project).
    Thanks. I appreciate this help. Strange how the document size isn't saving. I'll look into it. 
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    ctrl+shift+i to store your UI config. ctrl+shift+alt+i to save your UI config to file.
    Also, when learning ZB it's important to bear in mind that it isn't a true 3D environment based in a 3D worldspace, it's a 2.5D document/canvas based environment. So don't just expect it to function like Max/Maya/etc......because it doesn't. :wink: