Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Wars - Millennium Falcon

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Harrad polycounter lvl 6
After getting all hyped about Star Wars over Christmas, I'd decided I'm going to have a go at modelling the Millennium Falcon. Luckily there's a ton of reference on the internet of the original 1977 model.

I'll post up my progress here to try and keep some motivation going. I'd started blocking out the basic volumes over my lunch break.

Replies

• Harrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harrad polycounter lvl 6
    Small update on the the greybox - Dish, Guns, Hull Holes, Landing gear housing added.

• Harrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harrad polycounter lvl 6
    Started working up the side door, trying to figure out how much detail I want to put into it.

• Harrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harrad polycounter lvl 6
    Little bit more work on the side section. Just trying to get everything in place first. Then i'll go back over it and clean stuff up. Not too keen on all the panel work atm, the indents don't look the right size.

• snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    are you freehanding it or looking at references?
  • Harrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harrad polycounter lvl 6
    I used some image planes to get to the main shapes for the grey box (shown in the first post). I've removed those now and am using a bunch of reference photos I've gathered from the internet, mostly of movie prop websites. Having those up on a second monitor as i'm working.

I'm trying to stick to the Empire Strikes Back version of the model, apparently it didn't have the landing gear in the first one. But various details change from picture to picture, so just going with what i've got in front of me at the time.

I've actually just noticed that the part that i've modeled should actually be on the other side, the side tube on this side is the one with two round vents not one.

• Harrad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harrad polycounter lvl 6
    Little bit more work on this. Reworked the panels on the octagonal tube and matched the pattern of the panels on the side and centre parts to the actual panels of the movie version. And made the repeating flaps on the back of the ship.