Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Style Match: Borderlands

ScottHeron
null
Hey Polycount!

So I'm still a relatively inexperienced modeller. I decided to try my hand though at matching a AAA game. I've always been a fan of non realistic styles, so I decided to try my hands at tackling the Borderlands franchise.

I played around obviously with some hard surface and organic stuff, but I feel like I'm still missing key features here, and I want to be able to push this further.

I'm completely new to Polycount, so if I've missed some sort of protocol, or you guys need more visuals or anything, just let me know.

Replies

• Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9

I'm completely new to Polycount, so if I've missed some sort of protocol,.

You need to sacrifice ten virgin before posting here, 

I'm not into stylized stuff but I like what you did here! keep the good work ! 
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    i think the key you're missing is a LOT more grunge. and a little more illustrative quality to the "inked" look in the textures (more irregularities and selective areas of noise)
    overall i think you're technically successful on more of a macro level - just missing the more micro details that are unique to the style.

• ScottHeron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHeron null
    reverendK said:
    i think the key you're missing is a LOT more grunge. and a little more illustrative quality to the "inked" look in the textures (more irregularities and selective areas of noise)
    overall i think you're technically successful on more of a macro level - just missing the more micro details that are unique to the style.

Sounds good. I'll work on the details. I notice I missed a lot of opportunities to add things like tape, bandaids and loose bits of metal and things like that.