Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mazda Rx7 scene (feedback please)

Hey guys, just been working on this scene for the past week ! This is my first post on polycount so DONT BE NICE.  

Any feedback will be appreciated. oh and happy new year :dizzy: 

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was wondering why the images took so long to load. JPG not PNG, that's good. But 4k is really excessive. 1280 or 1600 across is plenty. Save as JPG at quality level 8 or so. Much more friendly to mobile browsers too.

What software was this created in? What rendered in? What's the goal... game or non-realtime render? Which game engine?

Modeling looks OK. Though the high FOV and proximity make it more difficult to judge, quite distorted. 

Lighting seems flat. Paint material needs stronger fresnel, seems rather chrome-y right now.

Also, you should brand your work.
  • muzzy7862009
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah i see i do apologise for that. 

This was modelled in 3ds max and then set up in unreal engine 4. I'm trying to get use to the lighting of ue4. Recently I have been having difficulties with it.
    My goal for this project is to produce a game scene that I can use as a portfolio piece. 
    I will adjust the paint material and upload more screenshots.

Thank you
  • woot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woot polycounter lvl 5
    modelling looks good, only crit i have would to be with the tires.

as far as i can tell, these are drag racing tires (lack of tread, width of tire) 
    id suggest maybe not leaving the tires exposed, and using modified fenders, such as a widebody kit? honestly the tires are the only thing that stand out for me as a bit odd, with having that width but no protection, as well as disrupting airflow.

something like this, the rocket bunny widebody kit:

other than that, good work!
  • ComradeDispenser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ComradeDispenser polycounter lvl 3
    What approach did you take when modeling this in 3ds Max? Got any helpful tips to share?
  • muzzy7862009
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feed back WOOT! :) 

The tires were suppose to be a place holder (forget to mention that sorry!). they are far too wide at the moment, I am just currently modelling and baking down the new tires which I will be present in my next screen shot. Thanks again :D
  • thompsongast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thompsongast polycounter lvl 4
    Cool project!

To me the lighting looks a bit flat, if that's something you would like to work on I would suggest trying to get a bit more contrast in there, see if you can get some shadows going by changing sun-direction. The scene kinda reminds me of the cargo docks-area in GTAV. Looking forward to an update :)
  • muzzy7862009
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys!

Just posting an update. I have been messing with UE4 and the post production features of the camera. I dont know if its just me but i believe the scene seems way too bright. I have made some adjustments to the car, i did not add a rocket bunny body kit however i did adjust the tires to look more fitting.