Home General Discussion

Help Michael Forgey (Mike 4G) Fight Cancer

For anyone who hasn't heard, fellow game developer and producer at Monolith, Mike Forgey, was recently diagnosed with cancer. His family and friends have set up a fundraiser to contribute towards his treatment and supporting his wife and children. Any donations or just spreading the word would be very much appreciated. 

Fundraiser: https://www.youcaring.com/michael-forgey-479259

"Wednesday, May 20, 2015 after visiting the doctor for a migraine, Mike learned that he has a glioblastoma, a rare and highly aggressive form of cancer.  Mike was rushed into emergency surgery, the doctors did everything they could surgically, but his primary tumor is inoperable.  Mike has undergone radiation, and while involved in a clinical trial at Fred Hutch/UW underwent a bone marrow transplant and chemotherapy.  He is now looking into additional therapies. This process is mentally, physically, and emotionally grueling, but this has not stopped Mike’s unconquerable spirit and positive outlook.

If you worked with Mike on Shadow of Mordor, Gears of War I and II, Fable, Media Center, Zune, Conker, or Perfect Dark Zero you have experienced his positive energy, passion, and unfailing support.  Mike has always been the first to volunteer, getting in earliest in the day and the last to leave at night.  You know that he’s always been there when you needed him. Now Mike needs you.

Mike and April have three beautiful children, each amazing in their own way, smart, talented, and compassionate.   Mike needs to know that his family will be ok, and that you stand beside him in this fight.  Your donation will help cover the medical expenses and securing the future for Mike’s children."

Replies

• Matt Fagan
    Offline / Send Message
    Matt Fagan polycounter lvl 9
    My respects go out to him and his family, wishing him well in his potential recovery. Since he is located in Washington state. I hope he is using or adopting some form of Cannabis (cannabis oil in particular) to his recovery and fight against cancer.