Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Daniel Brinca's 3D gaming portfolio

null
Offline / Send Message
brinca null
FTC Ship "Speedster"
  • Work done: model clean up, texturing

• Based on an original model by Erik Rocha

• See more renders, concept art, and other goodies at this model’s Behance page.

FTC Ship "Leaf"
  • Based on an early model by Erik Rocha
  • Based on a original concept by Ole G. Stensrud
  • See more renders, concept art, and other goodies at this model’s Behance page.

FTC Ship "Arrow"
  • Work done: modelling (from an existing partial model), texturing
  • Based on an original model by Erik Rocha

FTC Ship "Frog"
  • Based on a model by Erik Rocha

FTC Ship "Fish"
  • Work done: modelling, texturing
  • Based on a concept by Ole G. Stensrud

Replies

• Lord Striker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's something not right with the texturing. A lot of these ships look like they're made out of rubber wood than they do out of metal. You should try increasing the shine and adding a subtle reflection. Also, the first three ships are obviously racing ships, but the purpose of the other two is not clear. I would consider redesigning the look of them keeping their purpose in mind to make it more obvious.
  • brinca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brinca null
    Hi,

First of all, thanks for your feedback... ;)

These are ships for a mobile game (an endless runner) where the models in game will be very small, so I had to exaggerate the details in order to look good at that size.
    I can't go overboard with the metalness because it is set in space where there is not much to reflect, and lighting can be costly on a mobile game (there is only one light, from behind).

As for the designs, I just did the modelling/texturing, the concepts are someone else's, and although I do have some leeway on the creative end, I'm always restricted to the core design guidelines..
    As I understand, the basic idea is that there are three factions:
    • FTC: Ships with state of the art technology, well kept (Speedster, Arrow, Rocket*)
    • Republic: Alien ships with organic/animal shapes (Fish, Leaf, Wasp*)
    • Marauders: Junkyard kings with badly kept ships assembled from various scraped parts (Frog, Claws*, Transport*)
    * Work in progress (will be posted on this thread as it is released)