Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

BagelHero's Workshop Thread (Latest: Miyu-e Syandana on the workshop!)

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
BagelHero interpolator
Starting a generic thread up since I really enjoyed the contest. Working casually on some syandana ideas and skins while I wait for more characters/items to become available.
Feedback always appreciated. ;)

Finished items
Syandana - Miyu-e
Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632018437

Alt Helm - Mag - Keeper
Workshop link: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=566402628

WIP Thread: http://polycount.com...lmet-mag-keeper

And onto my current stuff. My favorite syandana on this sheet was Alad V's tattered robe (#1) but... It turned out that was already a Syandana! No idea how I overlooked that. Anyway according to my faves + some input I narrowed it down.

Since we don't have alpha support yet (??) only the second design is something I can do right now. But I'm still sorta mulling.

I've also been thinking about some mag skins;

Cheers! I'll update as I plod along.

Replies

• Blob_monster
    I'm about to start doing one if these. Infested though just cause.  Good job 
  • Blob_monster
    Your helmet was fantastic btw
  • [kaz]
    Offline / Send Message
    [kaz] polycounter lvl 9
    For what it's worth... I really like the shape of #8 on the syandanas sheet, just not sure about the attachment to the body. It looks like a collar that's fallen too low. I hope you end up making more than one of them, they're all fantastic! Also, I'm fairly sure we can do alpha (specifically because of Chroma's wings in the newer Workshop files).
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Holidays ate me but I'm back in work mode now, so I'm penning in a little more Warframe stuff each week.

@[KAZ]
    Ahh, thank you. I'm working on #7 right now, I'll keep your suggestion in mind when I move on! I think I was trying to keep the collar out of the way of some frame's weird protruding bits but you're right, there're better ways to go about it.

@BLOB_MONSTER
    Thank youuu!

Small-ish/inconsequential update. Working on Syandana #7 but no screens are worth showing just yet.
    So instead, here are some more non-rendered silhouettes and a little illust I made for my blog (feat. Pior and Kaz's alt helms because i've grown attached to them haha)

Happy new year, everyone.

• BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Now, some updates on Syandana #7!

Feedback on the paneling would be appreciated; it's not the initial style I set out for but something I made while doodling with the Warframe-spec paneling brush I made. Would like some more eyes on it to see if it looks in-style or if I should nyx (ha) it for a different look. I'm going into this with the intention to go back and revise the sculpt a bit this time, so feel free to spare your thoughts/link to examples that might look better. I'm going to be adding a little bit of Tennobet script in there once I plan out where it will go, too.

Additionally, upcoming changes: For the scarf part, I'm going to remodel the clipped side to match the concept (which is folded over). I also hope to previs the transparency and emissive so it's easier to imagine the end product...! Still trying to think of better ways to test and include any animated overlays for things like Mags helm, Chroma's wings and this Syandana. I want to be able to match what I'm thinking of in my head without inconveniencing DE staff, haha.

• BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator

Bam, resculpted. Personally, I like it much better now, and I'm also about 50% done with the tintmaps. It's a bit busy right now so I'm gonna go back and simplify and enlarge some stuff. Again, as always, feedback appreciated. Also, I'm going to change the emissive pattern on the scarf completely. Whoo hoo!
  • BagelHero
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator

Miyu-e Syandana ver 1.0 is up on the workshop!

Check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632018437

I'm calling this done for now!
    Some things to note: I may be "done for now", but I'm not finished. I will continue to update this for a little while; just not right now. I'd prefer to get it out there and come back with fresh eyes and new opinions.

Things I'm aware of:
    • Weird gradient banding on the fabric. This was Painters doing and would not be present in an in-engine implementation.
    • Slightly odd light/dark balance in the tint-map colors thanks to some small errors in the diffuse (possibly not noticeable in these shots, but an issue nonetheless)
    • Tiint-map details not showing up clearly in-engine as they are too small.
    As per usual, please feel free to comment with feedback and suggestions. I made a lot of alterations to my workflow since last time, so I can make pretty broad changes with less issues now. Cheers!