Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cryengine Environment - Installation 07 WIP

Yo! This is my first post here! I'm working on a environment for a Uni project. I'm using Maya, Substance Painter, DDO and Cryengine. Looking for feedback and critiques! Thanks! 

Replies

• Gazu
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 11
    Looks awesome dude!
  • Luxap
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxap polycounter lvl 6
    Nice, It is the only big game engine that I havent tried yet, or very little so. Looks great so far, would love to see it with more props and smaller details. Keep it up!
  • griffiti
    Offline / Send Message
    griffiti polycounter lvl 4
    This is looking great so far! I'd get some bevels on the assets closer to the camera (especially on those triangular support things!) and I'd also create some wear/rust patches wear two materials meet eg. the fence and the concrete floor or two metal pieces. Tor Frick touches on this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7eyJqghXg you can see that even a small amount sells the entire piece a lot more :)
  • Boothyy
    Thanks for the feedback guys, all taken on board!  :)
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    On some areas of your assets, the textures are looking a bit low-res and distracting. Try unwrapping them in a way that gets them some more uv space.

Overall the scene is pretty cool, but I'd love to see more more tones in here other than browns and greys. This could be done some decals or props, but alongside those things think about pushing the skylight/time of day a bit more to get more color from the sun and sky. Getting some props in there will be nice to help sell the scale of this environment.

You're getting some gross on these screenshots. I know they are still of a work in progress, but look into ways to turn on AA in the engine or take screenshots at a higher resolution (I'm not sure how to do this in CE)

It'd be cool to have those fans spinning, and maybe some water coming out of those circular vent-pipe things.
  • Boothyy
    On some areas of your assets, the textures are looking a bit low-res and distracting. Try unwrapping them in a way that gets them some more uv space.

Overall the scene is pretty cool, but I'd love to see more more tones in here other than browns and greys. This could be done some decals or props, but alongside those things think about pushing the skylight/time of day a bit more to get more color from the sun and sky. Getting some props in there will be nice to help sell the scale of this environment.

You're getting some gross on these screenshots. I know they are still of a work in progress, but look into ways to turn on AA in the engine or take screenshots at a higher resolution (I'm not sure how to do this in CE)

It'd be cool to have those fans spinning, and maybe some water coming out of those circular vent-pipe things.
    Will look definitely look into all these points, thanks for the feedback man. Much appreciated!