Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

[Alt Helmet] - Mag - Polaris

Hello everyone, I have started work on a alternative helmet for Mag. This is the first version i have made. I decided to begin by sculpting and trying to find the shape i am most comfortable with. This is how far i have gotten at the moment. I hope to finish the overal shape soon and begin to add details. I apreciate all kinds of feedback.

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    cool shapes... I like the floaty bits..I would explore how they might come around the front of the side grooves as well, to break up the  front silhouette 
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    The smooth front and abstract shapes at the back are a really nice contrast. Awesome job.
  • Victor29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update #2  12.11.2015

Hey Guys! This is the second Work in Progress i am making for the Mag "Polaris" helmet. I managed to smooth out the base shape and add the rest of the geometry. For the next update i hope to have the details sculpted in. There will be rectangular lines and tech details to go with these smooth surfaces. I will try to balance the two in order to find the look i feel is most representative of Mag's theme. Thank you all!

• kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Nice flow.  Will be interesting to see how you integrate a bit of the fine paneling and small tech details that Mag has on the back.
  • Victor29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update #3 15.11.2015

Hello guys! This is WIP #3 of my Mag "Polaris" Alternative Helmet concept. I have started to sculpt in the details on the helmet. I am using the original Mag helmet as reference to get an idea of how to choose and add my details. I am trying to balance the organic shapes with rectangular elements amd so fare this is what i came up with. I will continue to adjust and refine the details. Thank you and, as always, any feedback is apreciated.

• Victor29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update #4  18.11.2015

Greetings! This is update 4 of my Mag "Polaris" alternative helmet concept. Sculpting the details is taking longer than i had hoped. I said i would combine organic and rectangular shapes together, but so fare it looks like the organic shapes are dominant. But in the end my goal was to make a helmet that can fit the original Mag body as much as possible. And i feel that, in that regard at least, i have done a good job. Time is flying however so i hope to finish sculpting soon and get started on the textures. Any feedback is apreciated. Good luck to all!

• Danskheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This helmet looks amazing!  Love the floating elements. Keep up the good work!
  • Victor29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys,

Update #5 25.11.2015

This is it! Time to start making them masks and textures. I got the normal as best as i could, and i finally managed to load it all in tenogen. Texturing is not my strongest point tho, but i am confident i can manage to make something interesting.

• Victor29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Captain's log.... Star date 30.11.2015...... Update# 6......Final entry":

Masks for my Mag alternate helmet concept are done and the project has been submited. I did not get the chance to post any other updates until now. The artwork seen here can also be found on the Polycount final submissions post: http://polycount.com/discussion/160512/warframe-tennogen-contest-final-submissions#latest and the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565495745&result=1.