Home General Discussion

old 3D CG short film - who is the artist?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
prototyp3 polycounter lvl 17
So I remember a short film from well over 5 years ago. It was a fantasy film with the bad guys being two stylized green lizard guards in armor. They were chasing some elves or gelfing type characters. They all had Team Fortress 2 type proportions. The architecture was really nice, using tree branches or roots for everything from window frames to chairs. I think it was by a Brazilian artist, made in Max, for a proposed TV show. Anyone know the film name, artist, anything? I'm drawing blanks and random Google searches are coming up empty.

It was a pretty influential to me, I'd love to see the artwork again.

Replies

• purehilarity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    purehilarity polycounter lvl 6
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    nice and delgo don't go well together IMO. ;)

• Doc holliday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doc holliday polycounter lvl 7
    prototyp3 said:
    So I remember a short film from well over 5 years ago. It was a fantasy film with the bad guys being two stylized green lizard guards in armor. They were chasing some elves or gelfing type characters. They all had Team Fortress 2 type proportions. The architecture was really nice, using tree branches or roots for everything from window frames to chairs. I think it was by a Brazilian artist, made in Max, for a proposed TV show. Anyone know the film name, artist, anything? I'm drawing blanks and random Google searches are coming up empty.

It was a pretty influential to me, I'd love to see the artwork again.

Wow, I remember this! It's older than 5 years I think. I would say early 2000's. I don't remember the name but I recall the site having a lot of concept art, it looked great. I think it was from Spain. Also I remember the artist working on another short or TV pitch having chess pieces as characters iirc. Been looking for the artist for a time with no luck. 

• Bellsey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bellsey polycounter lvl 8
    I believe the work you're referring to was created by Anibyte Studio, based in Spain. I think if memory serves it was founded by Victor Garrido, and he might have actually produced the animation and clip you're talking about. Several clips appeared onlione and eventually became the concept for an animated feature called Luna, but it was never made/released. 
  • Doc holliday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doc holliday polycounter lvl 7
    That's it! Thank you so much. I spend hours looking for it with no luck after reading the first post.

Even older than i thought! 1998 
    http://julianromeroart.com/gallery/professional/84