Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

[Weapon Swap] - Galatine - Odachi

Sup guys. This is my Galatine concept and my first contest design ( more coming soon ). Odachi is a Japanese Great sword/Katana (as far as i know haha ). critic and suggestion would be awesome especially in the name, should i change it to a unique word for WF or keep the Japanese name? and it being a single edge rather than double edged like the Galatine.

Replies

• soreg
    Looks great. And name is fine, why not?

• vendrid
  • vendrid
    soreg said:
    Looks great. And name is fine, why not?

well Warframe as far as i know use Japanese sounding names but not actually japanese like the Nikana. so using actual japanese names like Odachi isnt lore friendly. doubt it will hurt the chance of winning so i guess it dosnt matter.
  • [kaz]
    Offline / Send Message
    [kaz] polycounter lvl 9
    I love the silhouette of this, but I'm not sure it feels "massive" enough. There's something about the proportions of the hilt/handle that make it feel like a one-handed to me (it actually works pretty well for a Skana swap imo). A longer handle with less tapering might help.
  • vendrid
    [kaz] said:
    I love the silhouette of this, but I'm not sure it feels "massive" enough. There's something about the proportions of the hilt/handle that make it feel like a one-handed to me (it actually works pretty well for a Skana swap imo). A longer handle with less tapering might help.
    i see i see thanks for the tip ill change the handle.
  • kary
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    I think Kaz's crit is on point, it does feel great as a one hander right now.  If your handle length matches the Galatine you probably want to keep it that size (to work with the animations), and reduce the size of the guard.  That is something that can happen easily designing these things -- scaling up all the pieces of the design from a "more normal" thing (a 1 handed sword, the barrels of a gun, etc) when trying to make something that is quite huge.
  • VarunaTide
    No sense in throwing it out IMO. That design is too nice to just scrap. So why don't you kill two birds with one stone and repost it as a Skana entry? I'd sure love to see that in-game.