Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

pose confusion .. maya rig in tpose? or relaxed?

hey together,

im total boon when it comes to animation and rigging but well ... i started to learn rigging and animation in maya based on the 3dmotive videos by justin harrison... 

now i ended up with some relaxed pose for my rig and character cause i had no clue what im doing .D
then i realized :P that i need this thing for unity and no clue why but they all drama me that unity needs a tpose

soooo :D

my question when i use maya and rig something in a relaxed pose and then i need it as t pose for lets say unity do i have to redo the whole rig in t pose ?! or is it possible to change the pose and tell maya to zero out the transformations for me without unwanted side effects ..?

greetings

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Unity has the option of sampling whatever bind pose you had in Maya, or enforce T-pose to move the arms into T-pose, when configuring the avatar. so maybe give that go before you start redoing everything in T-Pose. I believe FBX will attempt include maya bind pose in the export by default
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Unity does not need a T Pose. The only reason for a T Pose is if your are using mocap animation, or you are sharing animations that were authored with a T Pose as the base.

Hito is correct too, if you import the FBX as "Humaniod" you can configure the T Pose in Unity.
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    just looked at the settings again.
    T-Pose is required for Mechanim. But Unity can force your rig into T-Pose after import so no worries in Maya or Max or whatever.
  • fx01
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys

@hito : i tried it out and wolololo Oo unity moves it to t - pose  ;P and it seems to work pretty well :o *hocus pocus* thanks !

@monster : good to know ! thanks for the info thats exactly what i hoped to hear ;P 

greetings