Home Quixel Megascans

ANSWERED: DDO 1.8 crashes when trying to save smart material

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
Every time i try to save a smart material i get this error, then 3do opens and shows the sphere with the preview of the last smart material i saved (a while ago) instead of the one i'm saving now. Then if i close 3do it crashes and of course the smart material is not saved.

Using quixel suite 1.8 (x64), photoshop cc 2014, windows 10; everything run as admin.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Borx! Could you please try downgrading to CS6 to see if it functions better? If that doesn't work for you, please let me know.  :)
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks, i'll try that
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Good! I'm looking forward to seeing if that fixes your issue. If it doesn't, we'll find a solution for you!
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    Getting the same results on cs6, plus worse performance, mainly loading the material layers on ddo takes a while. Anyway at least i got a readable error about rpc service being disabled for some reason ,it was on automatic start, i guess it got disabled somehow... so i enabled it and managed to save two smart materials properly, then it gave me the error again, tried saving those same two again to see if it was a problem on certain materials and got the error, so it's kind of weird.

One thing i have noticed going into the presets folder on appdata/roaming is that the previews it saved for this two are massive, they should be 174x174 and 512x512 but are 4932x4932 and 14513x14513

Been reading posts about this error 0x80042260 and seen that non alphanumerical characters can be problematic, i do have a "-" on the path of the project, i'm going to try to remove them and see if that works.

-------------------------
    EDIT:  removed the "-" didn't worked, still the same result, but i noticed that on cs6, in adition to the two error messages it showed on CC (attached on the first post) it shows this one right after crashing.

To sum it up this is what happens:

1º I click on save smart material and choose a location (i've tried both default one and saving to desktop)
    2º It shows above error (8500) [this step is skipped on CC 2014, the rest is the same in CS6]
    3º Opens 3do showing the sphere with the last succesfully saved smart material instead of the one i'm trying to save.
    4º Saves massively big previews of that sphere but not the .xml
    5º Shows the two error messages of the first post  (big crash report and grey one) and crashes.
    6º Automatically restarts the suite but everytime i click on DDO it says "batch complete" or something like that, even though i'm not doing any batching.
    7º I manually close and open the suite and now it works.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Borx25, please send me an e-mail at jonathan @ quixel . se and I'll see what we can do to sort this out for you. :smile: