Home News

CGTrader - 3D Character Challenge

A new character contest with big name sponsors.

Our friends at CGTrader are currently running their own 3D character art contest with the help of some big name sponsors including Pixologic, Quixel, Marmoset and more. Use this opportunity to flex your imagination, hone your skills and earn a chance to win some fantastic prizes. You can read the full briefing on the Official Challenge Page.

Replies

• jeremiah_bigley
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    one month deadline :/
  • Bralko
    Actually Jeremiah, It started two and a half weeks ago - it *was* a 6 week challenge, just nobody told us until now :D
  • Pabs
    Offline / Send Message
    Pabs polycounter lvl 11
    just want to get this straight.
    ANY original character is allowed?
  • Pabs
    Offline / Send Message
    Pabs polycounter lvl 11
    also, any polycount limit or map size?
    if i upload a model but dont wan to sell it, does that mean that others can download it for free?
    if i dont want my model to be given out for free, i have to pay the activation fee for the model, in order to sell it?
  • cgtrader
    Offline / Send Message
    cgtrader polycounter lvl 7
    Hi scapulator! You don't need to pay anything - feel free to participate in our challenge. And if you don't want to sell your model make a huge price and bypass interest of buyers. Good luck!
  • Macrow
    Offline / Send Message
    Macrow polycounter lvl 8
    Oy, I wish this was promoted here earlier. But hey, I can work with 24 days. I simply need to enter a contest.

Though, I do have one question for cgtrader, about the prizes: Just say there's a two-person team who have entered. Do they have a chance to win both prizes, or is there only one prize per entry per team?

I'm just curious. I don't have a team myself, and I don't plan to have a team, but I'm just wondering if I do enter and go against a team who just happen to have a good portfolio and individual model, would they win both prizes or would they only win one prize and there's still the other prize available for someone else?
  • cgtrader
    Offline / Send Message
    cgtrader polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Macrow! Sorry for a late reply.
    Would be hard to win both prizes as it should be various and high quality 3d models published. It is okay to participate as an individual and a team too - of course models can't be the same. Good luck!