Home News

Eat3D: Portrait Rendering in Maya

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder

Eat3D has a new instruction DVD out. Based on this posts title, we'll give you one guess as to what its about.

Eat 3d has published a new instructional DVD featuring an in-depth look at rendering characters in Maya using Mental Ray from Tony Reynolds.

The video is a 5 hour long session of feeding your brain. Soak in Tony's head and he walks through the processes in great detail. Here's the cut and pass from the press release:

DVD Description:

In this DVD, Instructor Tony Reynolds takes you through the process of creating and rendering out a portrait using Mental Ray in Maya 2011. Tony starts off by taking a previously sculpted head from ZBrush and shows you how to prepare and export the model for Maya. From there he goes into great detail on all the Maya setup and settings, lighting with Mental Ray, simple and advanced skin shader setup, skin textures, rendering eyes, rendering teeth, rendering a tongue, creating hair for the face and head, using render layers, and compositing the render layers in Photoshop. 

About the Instructor:

Tony Reynolds has been training in the visual arts from a young age, and started his video game career in 2005. He has worked at Electronic Arts and Sony Online Entertainment, Austin, where he is currently the Lead Senior Character and Technical Artist.

About Eat 3D:

Eat 3D has been feeding your brain for over 3 years with some of the highest quality training that exists. Our goal is to provide you with the best education and get straight to the point with practical real world exercises that professionals actively use in production.

Also, as a last bit, I work with Mr. Reynolds at my day job. I can assure you that the author definitely know his technical arts. He's solved many a problem for myself over the last few years.

Replies