Home News

An interview and lots of pretty pictures

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18

Don't have time to trawl through every art community on the Internet for stunning artwork, well look no further!

Follow through to check out some amazing work from four different artists throughout the art community.

[caption id="attachment_718" align="alignright" width="180" caption="Clash of the Titans by Tsvetomir Georgiev"][/caption]

Today, we visit 4 different communities varying from stunning hi-res 3D art, scenic 2D environment pieces and an interview.

• Tsvetomir Georgiev's work for Clash of the Titans
  • Photo-real head by Luc Bégin
  • An interview with Thomas Mahler
  • Stunning 2D environment art by Puechberty Olivier

CGTalk
If you've seen Clash of the Titans, you'd know that the film has some pretty crazy creatures. Here is a glimpse at some of art created by Tsvetomir Georgie for the film. Be sure to check out his gallery for more amazing work.

ZBrush Central
Luc Bégin takes us through his progress in creating a highly realistic human male head, using ZBrush and rendered with VRay. I'll let the art do all the talking.

3D Total
3D Total interview Thomas Mahler and showcase his stylised 3D Character work. Some of which we've seen over at Polycount in the past.

3DVF
If you've ever been stuck with inspiration for your environment piece, have a look at these stunning environment concepts by Puechberty Olivier.

[caption id="attachment_723" align="alignnone" width="630" caption="Palais by Puechberty Olivier"][/caption]

With a good mixture of realistic and stylised artwork showcased above, which is your preferred style?

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Damn that skin shader was... probably the best I've seen I think. The hair brought it down just a bit (more so his hair on his head, the beardish thing looked pretty nice).

Loving how you guys are doing these news posts, muchly appreciated.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I agree entirely that the hair on the head spoils the realistic look and clues you into the image being 3D/CG.
    I remember when I first saw it, I was thinking "Okay, that's the ref... Where's the 3D?"

I'm glad you're enjoying the news posts, Jason :D