Home General Discussion

Doubt about a Lord of the Rings VideoGame large as Skyrim.

Pachinno
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pachinno polycounter lvl 3
Hi to everyone. I want to discuss some hypothetical topic about the legal framework sorrounding the producction of a videogame. If a big community of game artist, coders, designers and so on wanted to create a videogame using a license like Lord Of the Rings, would be that legal?

Understanding that they would be using such a free engine like Cry or UE or Unity and with no money paid, and free to distribute and download.

I think this is a complicated issue, and i dont have any idea about this, if someone knows something about this information would be very appreciated.

What i think is... People wants a game like skyrim, in the lord of the rings world, so a independent project, made by enthusiasts, there's no reason to be illegal because they are making what they want for themselves non profit intended, so for me it would be okay, because Warner is not doing such a game. Yes they did Shadow of Mordor, but it felt more like Assassins Creed, i think what community wants is a vast game about middle earth.

So ideas? hypothetically speaking of course.

Replies