Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rifle 30-06

Hi i been working on this 30-06 Rifle for a while and almost done
any criticism is welcomeRifle30-06%2001.png~originalRifle30-06%2002.png~originalRifle30-06%2003.png~originalRifle30-06%2004.png~originalRifle30-06%2005.png~originalRifle30-06%2006.png~original

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    Looks like a really good start! If you could post wireframe renders and texture flats it would help people critique your work.

The first thing that stands out to me is that your material definition needs some work. Your various materials (Rubber recoil pad, wood, metal, etc) all have a bit of a plastic look to them.

I also think the the textures could use some love. The dirt/dust on the scope looks kind of blotchy and random (lense and sides both)

Overall I think it's a solid start, push it a little further and this could be really nice :)
  • Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey thanks for the criticism CrackRockSteady i really think the same way about the textures they dont look that good and it is like they are missing life to them but i will work on them my maps looks abit funky since they came straight out of substance painter but here are the maps and wire

Wire
    Rifle%20Wire%201.png~original

Rifle%20Wire%202.png~original

Rifle uv flat
    uv%20rifle%20flat.png~original

Scope uv flat
    Scope%20Flat.png~original
  • killnpc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc polycounter
    Very clean. The wood grain effect looks nice on the sides but seems to breakdown at the top.

The wood grip should be inverted to imply it is being carved into the wood handle surface. The borderline around the grip raises above the surface, as if it were taped on.

http://www.hallowellco.com/hhg-22-cheetah-buttplate.jpg

Here, the border is cut INTO the wood, below the surface, and the grip lines are then cut into the base of those regions.

Nice work overall.
  • Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey killnpc thanks for the crits and the detailed picture i will defently go back to my HP model and change it and do some remodeling and bakeing