Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Character in Progress - Thanx 4 your Feedback

Hello guys,

I am currently working at a female character, one of my very first and I would really appreciate your feedback.

I am creating this character for a game developer friend. I have my doubts that the game will be released but still it's a good practice for me and I don't mind that.

I am aiming a finished model with max 20k triangles with normal, diffuse and specular maps, good topology for animation.The look of the character is mainly realistic although I can feel free to go a little bit for a stylized look. I have some sort of the concept art mainly for what she is wearing. For now I am focused on her body and making the anatomy right.

I will create the model in Zbrush, retopologize after in Topogun, refine in Maya and Photoshop and import the model in Unity.

This is my first screenshots with the model, your feedback it's truly appreciated :thumbup:

2qbymfn.jpg

Replies

• Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    Do you have a concept image or reference we could see to compare?
  • kboomthepot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well this is a reference for her main look.

29y4eau.png

For the anatomy reference I was using a girl form 3DSK database. I am planning to project some parts from her on the mesh for the texture. I think it will look more realistic.
  • kboomthepot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just made some adjustments.
    Please let me know what you think at this stage considering proportions, anatomy etc.

Next stage is to get into details.

mmzhpc.jpg
  • Tectonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tectonic polycounter lvl 10
    I think in the concept her shoulders are a little more broad, and the proportion of her lower leg to her upper leg is off. her knees should be lower. the femur is one of the first bones to start growing and one of the last to stop, making the upper leg longer than the lower leg.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I think your sculpt looks a tad too beefy. In the concept, her outfit isn't skin tight and already your nude body looks thicker without clothes. It's not baggy either but given the material of the outfit, there is still going to be a thickness to it. If you're trying to match, I would thin her out so when she has the clothes on, it will be closer to the concept. The face proportions look a bit off. She kind of looks like Natalie Portman so maybe that's a good reference to use.
  • kboomthepot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Tectonic and Slosh for your feedback.

You are definitely right. Till now I didn't create many characters from concept, mainly enjoyed the freedom of creating something new.
    This is definitely a new challenge for me.

I did some modifications following your comments, hopefully it's better now :)

xoi8h2.jpg
  • kboomthepot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am back with a new update.

Just finished the base meshes and from now it's refining some shapes adding details and folds etc.

You can check the turntable here - I uploaded on my dropbox account.

Feel free to comment.

girl.jpg
  • kboomthepot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys,

I started to add some details but I am starting to be concerned by the hair. I don't have much experience with hair and been researching for different techniques. Found multiple materials but a lot are incomplete in terms of teaching steps for a total newbie .

Then I though I should ask you if you have some guides on how to get a good looking hair for a character that will be used in a game.

thanks m8s!

girl2.jpggirl3.jpggirl4.jpggirl1.jpg